Senior Financial Analyst
Job ID: BH434611
Category: Senior Financial Analyst
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Senior Financial Analyst
Job Location: Burlington but only 1-2 days a week in the office to start. Most of the work is remote
Company Information, Industry, Size: Medical Device
Interview Process: Virtual
- 5+ years of experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to present information to Leadership of the company. Especially the Sales side of things.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager the Sr. Financial Analyst provides direct financial support to the commercial team to drive the successful completion of commercial objectives. This is accomplished through analysis and recommendations related to emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities, competitive dynamics, and internal business performance.
Key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Revenue reporting / forecasting by sales channel & therapeutic area (Neurosurgery, General Surgery, Urology)
- Collects and analyzes customer/market data on customer demographics, preferences, needs and trends to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demands.
- Accurately calculate monthly sales commission statements (Accrual & Payroll)
- Financial planning and analysis of North America sales channel. Understands the drivers of expense to accurately forecast the impact of strategic changes. Compile findings into clear conclusions for commercial finance manager, CFO and CCO on tight deadlines
- Demand planning & forecasting by product line
- Build models and analysis tools to identify opportunities to impact the bottom line; including price/volume/mix analyses of sales/margin and analysis of direct and overhead cost structure.
- Provide financial modeling and analysis support in the design of sales compensation plans.
- Performs in-depth market, industry and competitive analysis and benchmarking.
- Strategic planning and forecasting.
- Global BK reporting – consolidating reports/variance analysis for the total BK Medical P&L, department expenses, headcount reporting and balance sheet objectives.
- Monthly/Quarterly packages – responsible for consolidating monthly and quarterly financial review packages.
- Improvements – responsible for process design and improvements for finance team productivity. Partner with the IT and BI team in the spirit of continuous improvement to integrate financial reporting with enterprise solutions to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Lead and/or participate in the design of new processes to improve the quality and productivity of the finance team and the business in general.
- Work on specific unique projects that might call for complex financial modeling, or project management skills.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of business experience. Demonstrated experience in customer-oriented roles such as sales, marketing, legal, consulting, or financial services
- Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Organizational, communication (written and verbal), presentation, facilitation, project management and influencing skills
- Have an analytical orientation and possess strong problem-solving skills, including financial modeling skills. The knowledge of an array of analytical methods, and the ability to deploy the appropriate approach in a timely manner, is critical.
- Comfortable managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment and interacting with multiple departments
- Experience presenting to various levels including senior leadership
- Team player with leadership instincts
- Self-starter who can quickly and independently assess business requirements and become a trusted and integral part of the team.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment
- Strong technical aptitude a plus, as demonstrated by Finance, Engineering or other Technical Degree
- Demonstrated high level of strategic thinking and business acumen
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.