Talent Acquisition – Onboarding Specialist
Job ID: BH434171
Category: Recruiter: High Volume, Recruiter: Healthcare
Specialty: Human Resources
Job Title: Talent Acquisition – Onboarding Specialist
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or similar field of study.
- 2 years’ experience in a Recruiting Coordinator or high volume operations role
- ATS Experience
- Previous experience working in a high volume/fast paced work environment
The Onboarding Specialist role is a highly visible role with huge impact on employee experience that is responsible for ensuring new hires are able to successfully launch into their new roles at the hospital seamlessly. To that end this role will be responsible for the new hire experience from the point of “post job offer acceptance” till employee has been in role for 90 days. To do this, the incumbent will work with Organizational Effectiveness team and/or Nursing Education team to schedule new hire orientation, ensuring new hires are processed through the system properly. This role will be responsible for ensuring all pre-hire compliance and documentation are completed, new hires are provided with schedule for first week including start date, orientation information, meeting agenda, computer/workstation set-up, and will collaborate with hiring managers on required meetings. Finally, this role will be responsible for the 30 and 90 day touchback meetings with new hires. It is essential that the Onboarding Specialist be able to work cross functionally with different levels of the organization and collaborate with necessary departments to ensure an efficient new hire experience for the candidate and hiring managers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Meet with new hires (via phone, videoconference or in person) to walk them through the new hire experience: explaining what the steps would be, who they need to contact, set up meeting with hiring manager if required Schedule new hire for required Orientations (Nursing, New Hire Orientation etc.).
- Ensure that new hire is clear about start date and compliance.
- Follow-up with Talent Acquisition on background check clearance.
- Ensure that new hire has cleared prior to scheduling for first day
- Ensure that new hire workspace is set up including working with hiring manager, facilities and IT on login and workspace access as required
- Work with hiring manager for new hire’s schedule including scheduling required meetings.
- Prior to first day meet with new hire to complete all required paperwork: I-9, W-4, CORI etc.
- Provide new hire with first week’s schedule
- Provide required new hire orientation lists to Nursing Education and Organizational Effectiveness team in a timely fashion.
- Ensure accuracy of information on the list.
- Welcome new hires on Orientation Day and be available to answer questions on the first day Schedule 30 day follow-up/check in with Talent Acquisition Partner and New Hire Ensure that new hire completes “Onboarding Survey” and compile data to track areas of success and develop Schedule and facilitate 90 day check-in with new hire.
- Provide new hire with survey to complete.
- Facilitate conversation (if necessary) with HR Business Partner if there are questions or concerns raised by new hire Ensure that during the entire process you provide positive, pro-active, engaging candidate experience
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar field of study preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in a Recruiting Coordinator, or high volume operations role preferably in a fast paced environment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to prioritize and function in a fast paced high volume environment
- Experience using an applicant tracking system is required for this position. Workday experience a plus
- Must be disciplined and able to engage and nurture relationships with new hires
- Strong business acumen is preferred.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.