Job ID: BH433574
Category: Recruiting Coordinator, Recruiter: High Volume, Recruiter: Agency, Generalist / Recruiter, Recruiter
40 hours per week
Grand Island, NY
The main function of a recruiter is to seek out, interview, and screen applicants to fill existing and future job openings and promote career opportunities within an organization. A typical recruiter is responsible for finding new talent to bring to an organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs.
- Perform searches for qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using computer database, networking, Internet recruiting resources, cold calls, media and employee referrals.
- Interview applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education and job skills.
- Prepare and maintain employment records.
- Contact applicants to inform them of employment possibilities, consideration, and selection.
- Inform potential applicants about facilities, operations, benefits, and job or career opportunities in organizations.
- Verbal and written communication skills, negotiation skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Knowledge of legal policies and procedures related to hiring practices and other work related activities.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection and training.
- Knowledge business and management principles involved in strategic planning.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or equivalent training required.
- 5-7 years customer service related experience required.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.