Job ID: BH433444
Category: Human Resources
Specialty: Human Resources
Performs a variety of administrative duties to support the proper functioning of the Absence Management department related to Leaves of Absence and Workers’ Compensation.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
1. Leaves of Absence Support: Duties performed under the direction of the absence management team
• Assists in administrative processing of Leaves of Absence (LOA) approvals.
• Processes requests and manages the absence management email.
• Runs reports related to all aspects of LOAs.
• Educates employees and managers as to the process for FMLA requests.
• Educates and assists managers in LOA process and time entry.
• Works with LTD/STD provider in processing the wage replacement for staff on leave.
• Coordinates and processes incoming faxes and emails.
• Performs data entry in Kronos system related to LOAs.
• Verifies eligibility for LOAs.
• Processes letters and manager notification as needed.
• Provides support for absences and time off for the team.
2. Workers’ Compensation Support: Duties performed under the direction of the absence management team
• Provides administrative support to workers’ compensation.
• Assist injured workers, with questions or concerns.
• Educates managers as to the internal procedures related to workers comp.
• Conducts audits to determine injured workers that need leave.
• Participates in team meetings with labor relations.
• Participates in the quarterly claim review.
• Assists in processing the workers compensation claims and follows up with employees to ensure compliance.
• Works with payroll and Sedgwick to ensure proper pay for those on indemnity.
• Continues professional development through participating in 1-2 classes that are offered by Organizational Development and Training or related training annually.
• Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
• Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
• Performs other duties as needed and directed.
Work requires an Associate’s Degree/equivalent, bachelors’ degree is preferred.
Experience with FMLA or workers’ comp preferred
Kronos and WorkDay experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Strong computer skills in MS Office and the ability to work on data entry
• Ability to work with spreadsheets.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Team oriented and ability to adapt to change
• Ability to work independently
• Strong customer service, interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Ability to multi task along with strong judgment skills
• Good judgment and detail oriented
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.