Sr. Financial Analyst
Job ID: BH433145
Category: Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
The Sr. Retail Financial Analyst is responsible for performing various financial activities including budgeting, modeling, forecasting and reporting to support decision making by senior management in the corporate office and the Retail field management team. In this role, you will have the capability to own and develop complex processes, have the ability to think strategically, seek opportunities for continuous improvement and contribute positively to the team environment of the Finance and Retail organizations. This role reports to the Sr. Manager Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Propose, develop and monitor store sales and payroll plans for all stores and analyze trends
- Support the development and preparation of the retail annual budget and financial forecasting processes and identify areas to improve the effectiveness of financial planning activities
- Provide reporting, analyses and insights to ensure continuous progress towards achieving financial and performance management metrics
- Partner with Retail Store Operations team in managing the Store Payroll projection process, including updating forecasted labor hour requirements and wage rate information which best supports store workload and delivers productivity and profitability targets
- Serve as a key business partner with departments outside of Finance and participate in cross-functional project related initiatives
- Organize and analyze sales and payroll results for increased awareness, focus, methodology improvements and best practice modifications
- Strong analytical skills necessary to synthesize large quantities of data, identify trends and drivers and distill them into insightful analyses
- Advanced skills in Excel, particularly building complex models and building tools for field organization (pivot tables, advanced look-up functions)
- Experience identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Quick learner and problem solver when faced with new issues or challenges
- Ability to build partnerships, influence decisions, work in a collaborative style and become a sought-out partner at all levels of the organization
- Creative thinker who can bring innovative ideas and approaches to solve issues
- Passion for driving and delivering results and delivering constructive change
- Capability to work independently and to prioritize assignments to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field; MBA a strong plus
- 5+ years of related, progressive experience in financial planning, preferably in retail or consumer goods organization
- Electronic data warehouse/Business intelligence application and G/L systems experience helpful.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.