Senior Accountant- Billerica
Job ID: BH432485
Category: Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Senior Accountant- Billerica
Bachelors of Science in Finance or Accountancy or equivalent business experience.
Minimum of 3 years related business experience with an intermediate understanding of accounting processes and procedures and US GAAP.
Oracle experience (not required but would be preferred)
Med device or public company
The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for working closely with the Supervisor, Accounting and Corporate Controller in addition to the external auditing firm. Accuracy plus attention to details and deadlines are essential to ensure all analysis of financial statements is in compliance with GAAP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain strong internal working relationships
• Understand the objectives, responsibilities, and mission of the Finance department and works towards those goals.
• Prioritize and plan work activities; adapt for changing conditions.
• Participate in month end close and subsequent analysis, subsidiary consolidations,and reporting.
• Assist in international subsidiary and company set up, coordination, review, reconciliation, and consolidation of subsidiary ledgers.
• Assist in cost accounting and inventory review and reconciliations.
• Perform general ledger accounting tasks such as recording reoccurring journal entries and generating journal entries for standard accruals.
• Assist with general and management accruals.
• Perform and review balance sheet reconciliations, including bank reconciliations.
• Perform fixed asset accounting processes (acquisition, depreciation, disposition, and impairments).
• Assist with annual audit preparation with external auditors.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelors of Science in Finance or Accountancy or equivalent business experience.
• Minimum of 4 to 6 years related business experience with an intermediate understanding of accounting processes and procedures and US GAAP.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies Required:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work accurately in a fast-paced, hectic, ever-changing environment with strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to monitor own work to ensure quality, accuracy, and thoroughness.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and time-management skills.
• Able to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team.
• 3-4 years’ experience with international consolidations is highly desirable.
• Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and the Internet. E-mail experience, Outlook preferred.
• Database knowledge a plus.
• Ability to problem solve and implement solutions.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Public company exposure a plus.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.