Job ID: BH432001
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Practice Assistant
- High School Diploma/GED
- Healthcare Experience
- 6+ months of Administrative Experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Healthcare Administration Experience
Performs all secretarial and receptionist functions necessary for the complete and efficient management of patients through the ambulatory facility, including the acquisition of necessary patient care and records. Using the Department’s service expectation standards for greeting and appropriate telephone etiquette, answers all incoming telephone lines in a timely fashion. Adheres to divisional and departmental service standards related to telephone access to ensure that patients, referring physicians, and other customers can easily access the Practice by telephone. As centralized Department staff you will be cross trained within all Dept. areas, as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Greets and assists patients when they check in & out of the clinic in a professional manner.
2) Obtains or reviews their demographics & fiscal information
3) Collects Co-Pays, enters payments and closes batch at the end of the day (if required)
4) Prepares necessary documentation for scheduled patient appointments
5) Answers patient’s telephone calls, correctly processing information or answering questions or solving problems.
6) Schedules all appointments including ancillary testing and procedures as needed for coordinated care
7) Communications effectively and in a professional manner with patients regarding wait times
8) Maintains general reception area, ensuring cleanliness and organization.
9) Obtains Insurance referrals and prior authorizations.
10) Adheres to all regulatory body requirements (i.e. Joint Commission, CMS and Department of Public Health regulations) as well hospital and Departmental policies, such as: Attendance, Co-Pay, Civility, and Dress Code.
11) Performs other duties and tasks as requested by supervisors to ensure the efficient overall performance of the department and facility, maintaining flexibility regarding the occasional need for staff coverage in other areas of the facility.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.