Job ID: BH431947
Category: Staff Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Contract Duration: 3-4 months (Will go perm if things go well)
Job Location: Needham but can work mostly remote
Team Size: About 4 in accounting now. Reporting the Accounting Manager
Interview Process: Phone interview with HR and then video call with Accounting Manager
- 2+ years of experience
- NetSuite experience.
The Staff Accountant will report to the Assistant Accounting Manager and is responsible for understanding data flows between internal systems and the overall impact to the financial statements. This is a great role for a team member to be involved in the accelerated growth of a startup, building the foundation for continued success. Prepares, records, analyzes, and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance within accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Assist in month end close process – including preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, supporting schedules, intercompany transactions
- Responsible for all banking transactions, ensuring they are recorded in the general ledger and reconciled
- Maintain effective relationships with Operations to ensure effective and efficient cross-functional collaboration.
- Review processes to help implement best practices to simplify, standardize and scale business growth
- Work on preparing audit support for yearly engagement
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment while managing tight deadlines
- Effectively using accounting knowledge to collaborate with varying levels of employees and management to help drive sound business decisions
- 2+ years Accounting experience, management services / multi location experience highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of GAAP
- NetSuite experience preferred, but not required
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Experience with intercompany transactions and consolidations
- Attention to detail and goal oriented
- High degree of accuracy, problem solving, and confidentiality
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.