Job ID: BH430414
Category: Payroll Manager, Payroll Coordinator, Payroll Clerk, Payroll, Payroll Administrator
Payroll Administrator II
6 Month Contract
Job Location: 3210 Innovative Way, Mesquite, TX 75149
Hours: standard, M-F, 8-5
Size: 3 HRBP’s, 1 HR rep
Interview Process: VP of HR, two HRBP’s, possibly COO
3-5 years managing multi-state payroll
The Payroll Administrator II will be responsible for managing all payroll at all locations. Guarantee weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes for 600+ employees. Payroll Administrator II is responsible for the accurate preparation, documentation, distribution and reconciliation of payroll and the administration of the payroll system. Reviews the computation of pay and associated deductions for accuracy. Being a Payroll Administrator II maintains up-to-date knowledge of city, state, provincial, local, and federal legislation affecting payroll; understands and follows applicable provisions. Responds to and resolves any inquiries regarding paychecks or payroll reporting. Ensures payroll issues are escalated and resolved promptly. The Payroll Administrator II occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Gaining exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and manage Payroll vendor relationships
- Create and develop Payroll processes to ensure efficiency of department
- Manage systems updates, processes and functionality of Payroll system
- Manage employee onboarding/offboarding paperwork related to Payroll
- Maintain payroll records and files
- Assist with record changes in employees addresses, direct deposit, etc.
- Manage time entry and timekeeping software and systems
- Manage the payroll system deductions and payment aspects related to some union deductions
- Benefit related to 401k
Education, Skills, Experience & Abilities:
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience
- Three to Five years managing a multi-state payroll department
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and HRIS system
- Experience with Kronos timekeeping, and Paylocity payroll system a plus
- High level of confidentiality
- Must possess excellent planning, administrative and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and Self-Motivated
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.