Job ID: BH429409
Category: Customer Support, Customer Service, Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Practice Assistant
- High School Diploma/GED
- Previous Administrative/Receptionist Experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite – including Outlook
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Healthcare or Healthcare Administration Experience
- Call Center Experience
Performs all secretarial and receptionist functions necessary for the complete and efficient management of patients through the ambulatory facility, including the acquisition of necessary patient-care and records. Using the Departments service expectation standards for greeting and appropriate telephone etiquette, answers all incoming telephone lines in a timely fashion. Adheres to divisional and departmental service standards related to telephone access to ensure that patients, referring physicians, and other customers can easily access the Practice by telephone. As centralized Department staff you will be cross trained within all Dept areas, as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Greets and assists patients when they check in & out of the clinic in a professional manner.
2) Obtains or reviews their demographics & fiscal information
3) Collects Co-Pays, enters payments and closes batch at the end of the day (if required)
4) Prepares necessary documentation for scheduled patient appointments
5) Answers patients telephone calls, correctly processing information or answering questions or solving problems.
6) Schedules all appointments including ancillary testing and procedures as needed for coordinated care
7) Communications effectively and in a professional manner with patients regarding wait times
8) Maintains general reception area, ensuring cleanliness and organization.
9) Obtains Insurance referrals and prior authorizations.
10) Adheres to all regulatory body requirements (i.e. Joint Commission, CMS and Department of Public Health regulations) as well hospital and Departmental policies, such as: Attendance, Co-Pay, Civility, and Dress Code.
11) Performs other duties and tasks as requested by supervisors to ensure the efficient overall performance of the department and facility, maintaining flexibility regarding the occasional need for staff coverage in other areas of the facility
I. Fulfilling Responsibilities to Patients:
a) Answers patients telephone calls, correctly processing information on ambulatory appointment scheduling or answering questions or solving problems. If necessary, transfers call to an appropriate person or department to assist the patient.
b) Obtain or reviews all patient demographic information, insurance information and referral numbers.
c) Calls patients from waiting area by addressing them as Mr., Ms. or Mrs. introduces him/her self and provides explanation as to the process.
d) Accurately records all data and maintains necessary records or files relating to clinical care issues.
e) Accurately and efficiently collects co-pay following all policies and procedures set in place
f) Assists patients in a manner that promotes the perception that the staff is courteous, efficient and interested in their healthcare. Treats all patients with dignity and professionalism. g) Acquires all materials necessary for the patient visit including medial records and x-rays.
h) Answers telephone calls professionally and courteously within five rings introducing the practice as requested by the division manager.
i) Whether on the phone or in person treats all patients and internal customers with dignity and professionalism.
j) Accurately completes and processes necessary test requisitions for patient care.
k) Accurately and efficiently obtains prior authorizations.
I. Fulfilling Responsibilities to Physicians
a) Maintains a professional relationship with all physicians
b) Informs physicians of patient volume and wait time during sessions
c) Communicates with patients regarding delays in schedule.
d) Answers telephone calls correctly processing all patient information for messages, appointments, or patient registration.
e) Obtains or reviews all patient demographics, insurance and referral information as necessary.
f) Responsible for cash collection following guidelines as provided by the Co-Pay Cash Collection procedure.
g) Completes physicians orders/requests accurately.
h) Maintain and adjusts physicians schedules as requested.
II. Interacting with Fellow Employees
a) Works to establish and maintain good working relationships with fellow employees.
b) Treats all co-workers and internal customers with dignity and professionalism.
c) Works cooperatively with fellow employees to solve problems and enhance the smooth and efficient flow of the practice.
d) Provides coverage for responsibilities of co-workers when assigned or as need arises.
III. Interacting with Supervisory or Administrative Staff
a) Follows instructions of and assists supervisory staff as required.
b) Maintains good communication and reports problems to supervisor.
IV. Equipment and Supplies
a) Maintains all patient care and support equipment assuring that they are clean and in good working order. Reports problems to supervisor or follows protocol for reporting problems. b) Maintains inventory of necessary supplies and equipment following procedures set by practice manager.
c) Ensures that all supplies are adequately stocked.
d) Maintains a neat organized work environment.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.