Patient Services Coordinator
Job ID: BH417408
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Patient Services Coordinator
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 years previous Administrative Experience
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Word/Outlook
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Healthcare/Healthcare Administration Experience
This position reports administratively to the Practice Manager and clinically to the Medical Director of Senior Health. The Patient Services Coordinator III, under the general supervision, provides administrative support to health care providers in a high-volume ambulatory setting, functioning as the primary interface between the patient and the providers. The emphasis is placed on the ability to organize priorities, complete tasks, manage confidential patient information, and schedule patient appointments; serves as an overall resource person for support staff. This person understands their position is an important part of the care team in the Patient Centered Medical Home and promotes partnership between patients, family, and team.
• Understands their position is an important part of the care team in the Patient Centered Medical Home and promotes partnership between patient, family and team.
• Actively participates in daily team huddles.
• Greets and directs visitors.
• Completes new patient intake form, schedules patient and mail packets.
• Addresses and triages live phone calls as needed.
• Reviews and triages EPIC Clinical Messages, Outlook e-mail, Patient Gateway e-mail multiple times a day.
• Schedules patient appointments for follow up office visits.
• Completes EPIC functions, i.e. Arrival Status, No Show, Cancellations.
• Fills empty slots within the clinician’s schedules daily utilizing, bump list, wait list and sick/urgent visits.
• Maintains adequate stock of new patient packets, new patient charts, follow up appointment cards, Patient Gateway cards, clinician bio printouts, and staff business cards.
• Closes and reconciles all co-payment and self-payment batches for the day prior to end of shift.
• Recommends solutions to work flow.
• Reschedules canceled appointments in EPIC
• Maintains and works New patient wait list.
• Cross covers for the Medical Records Position, and clinical liaison as needed.
• Applies and promotes the Core.
PREPARATION DAY/EVENING BEFORE PATIENT VISIT
• Keeps front desk area stocked, clean and orderly.
• Prints next day’s schedules – highlighted action items
• Prepares encounter forms, attestations, and patient pre-visit forms for next day.
• Utilizes EPIC: work the bump and wait list for any cancellations.
• Completes confirmation calls 2 days prior for MEDICAL, 1 Day prior for Clinic.
• Provides welcoming, efficient and thorough customer service at the point of patient check in for Established Patients and New Patients.
• Verifies patient using 2 patient identifiers, arrive patient in EPIC, directs patient to the Express RRC phone as indicated by EPIC,
• Requests/receives co-pays, requests patient review pre-visit form, obtains vaccine consent as needed, process HIPAA form, process new patient information.
• Utilizes page system as needed
• Schedules patient follow-up appointments noting all clinician designations.
• Directs NEW patients to the RRC Express phone prior to leaving to update PCP status in hospital systems if not done upon arrival. Print and distribute visit summary reports to patient upon departure.
• Cross covers medical record representative and clinical liaison
• Applies and promotes the Core Values
• Acts as a cohesive team member
• Other duties as requested
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.