Medical Secretary (Digestive & Liver Diseases)
Job ID: BH417086
Category: Medical, Receptionist, Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant
3 months (will likely extend/convert)
Department of Medicine – Digestive & Liver Diseases
Washington Heights – fully onsite
- EPIC experience
- Medical secretary experience
The Medical Secretary will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of a high-volume gastroenterology practice in the Division of Digestive & Liver Diseases.
- Assists with the coordination of activities related to the orderly running of the physician practice and team coverage within the Division.
- Schedule patient office visits and procedures including the coordination of all clinical and administrative documentation required, with a special focus on the management of DLDas Epic Referral Work queue.
- Maintain, manage, and distribute physician schedules to the practice, clinic staff, and administration.
- Answer phones in a pleasant/responsive manner and direct calls appropriately; take messages that are clear and legible and disseminate this information to the appropriate parties.
- Schedule appointments, office visits, ancillary services, procedures, and academic activities in accordance with proper protocols. Ensure appropriate documentation is completed for all of these activities.
- Secure proper referrals, pre-authorizations, and/or pre-certifications for visits and procedures; verify all insurance eligibility.
- Following proper charting procedures; scanning patient records and other medical information in appropriate EMR; assisting in maintaining patient files in accordance with various governmental and practice standards; obtaining physician authorization to release medical records.
- Ensure that all patient visits have appropriate billing documentation, including but not limited to, all relevant and accurate patient demographic and insurance information.
- The employee must conform to all applicable HIPAA, Billing compliance, and safety guidelines.
- This a Service Corp position.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.