Job ID: BH416985
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Practice Assistant
- High School Diploma/GED
- Proficient w/Microsoft Outlook & other Microsoft Office Programs
- eReferral Experience
- Able to work with challenging patients (illness, dementia, needy, etc.)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Bilingual – Spanish
- Denial Work Queue
The combined Ambulatory Treatment Room (ATR) and Wound Care Center (WCC) are two distinct outpatient procedural and patient care areas within one location. The ATR is focused on supporting minor outpatient procedures and treatments requiring local anesthetic. The WCC is a cross-functional program – supporting wound patients at our inpatient, outpatient, and satellite locations. Each of these programs are multidisciplinary in nature – involving plastic surgery, burns, general surgery, vascular surgery, orthopedic surgery, podiatry, dermatology, and infectious disease.
The responsibility of the Practice Assistant is to accommodate, manage, and maintain all administrative aspects of the Ambulatory Treatment Area and Wound Care Center. This job requires the Practice Assistant to serve as liaison for the service – managing the scheduling, patient relations, and compliance areas, among others.
· Obtains, verifies, records and processes required patient demographics, insurance/payment and referral information in the electronic medical record system. Collects, compiles and forwards related documentation required for reimbursement.
· Serves as a liaison to hospital billing vendor and insurance companies.
· Collects, records and secures co-payments made by wound care patient/families. Provides an accurate record of transactions in the scheduling/billing system. Reconciles payments at the end of the clinic session, providing an accurate accounting of funds.
· Assist with incoming patients by checking them in, orienting them to any paperwork requirements, and answering any questions that they may have.
· Collects and organizes medical records information as well as materials required for scheduled appointments. Ensures that clinicians have sufficient information for all patient encounters. Communicates with other departments to coordinate ancillary services with other appointments, treatments, and testing.
· Monitors daily schedule and exam room utilization. Communicates with clinicians and patients/visitors to maintain efficient flow.
· Answers, screens, and routes telephone calls. Greets patients and directs visitors. Responds to requests for routine information or assistance within scope of knowledge and authority. Composes routine correspondence and completes standardized forms as needed.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.