Customer Service Representative
Job ID: BH416980
Category: Customer Support, Customer Service
Customer Service Representative
3-month contract, Contract to Hire potential
Location: Nashville, TN (onsite)
Hours: 40hrs/wk — Mon-Fri 7am-330pm
Interview Process: Video Call or In-Person
- HS diploma
- At least 1 year of experience in an office setting
- Previous selling experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Valid Driver's license
Here, we believe there’s no one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at this company. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
This client values unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is the internal sales “expert” for a facility, handling customer inquiries and determining their product needs. This position supports the growth of our business by supporting current and potential customers through handling customer inquiries and determining their product needs
- Answer incoming phone calls and emails from client's manufacturing customers.
- Handle customer inquiries via the telephone and email by providing accurate information regarding products and product applications and process telephone orders accordingly
- Support sales rep selling activities
- Run customer orders through Custom Order Entry at time order is placed
- Assist customers by determining needs and presenting appropriate products and services
- Operate the POS for all types of transactions
- Establish and maintain accurate customer order files and formulas
- Record information on appropriate forms for proper completion of orders and requests
- Coordinate the preparation and delivery of customer orders ensuring they have filled accurately and delivered in a timely manner to meet their expectations
- Place and follow-up on purchases from outside vendors per established policy
- Run sales transactions through POS
- Ensure sales transactions are completed accurately
- Assist in maintaining store computer operating system and troubleshoot system as necessary
- Ensure merchandise has been processed through POS or recorded on manual POST form prior to merchandise leaving the facility
- Answer customer inquires and filter and escalate complaints
- Communicate all customer complaints to manager to ensure a quick and accurate resolution
- Assist sales reps in making product recommendations to customers and resolving product knowledge questions
- Assist in sourcing products required by customers that are not available in the Facility and, upon approval, place order and follow up as necessary
- Achieve >/= sales/FTE vs. last year
- Achieve passing audit score by following Company Policy and Procedures
- Follow pricing guidelines when quoting customers
- Ensure accurate up dating of product information manuals, general price lists and customer price lists.
- Follow designated loss prevention, security and safety practices according to policy and correct or report non-compliance of appropriate procedures/policies
- Ensure policies and procedures for handling hazardous material, as outlined in the Work Safe Manual, are implemented appropriately and reported promptly as required.
- Document and refer potential wholesale leads to manager and/or sales rep
- Perform/direct credit investigations and analysis on new and existing accounts, including contracting outside sources for information
- Provide input regarding inventory levels in the warehouse/stockroom
- Identify obsolete/damaged material and communicate to management
- Locate out-of-stock items as necessary
- Assist with conducting physical inventory in a timely manner
- Ensure the facility is properly equipped and maintained to support the marketing plan
- Assist in merchandising the Facility according to district or company guidelines, including monthly promotional package, Facility floor displays, etc.
- Assist with warehouse responsibilities as needed
- Review management/financial reports with management
- Implement and maintain a systematic follow-up program of phone calls and visits for delinquent accounts
- Perform/direct processing of daily batch work
- Maintain facility to client's standards through proper maintenance, repair and housekeeping
- Identify Facility problems and make recommendations
- Other duties as assigned
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed.
- Must have previous selling experience and strong customer relations skills.
- Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Must be able to operate a hand truck and/or material handling equipment.
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to distinguish one or more chromatic colors.
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.