Patient Services Coordinator
Job ID: BH416549
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Patient Services Coordinator
- Associate's Degree, Secretarial Science or equivalent/Secretarial Certificate
- 1-2 years of Administrative Experience
- Previous Experience using an ATS or CRM Software/System
- Bachelor's Degree
Under general supervision, coordinates the customer service quality within an ambulatory practice. Works with physicians and other clinical staff members to ensure a quality-based, customer-oriented flow of work throughout the practice. Handles managed care issues and assists patients with the financial aspects of their visit. Oversees the coding procedures and ensures that appropriate bills are sent. Serves as a resource person for support staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May include duties and responsibilities of the Patient Services Coordinator, Level I, as well as:
- Assists in the orientation and training of new support staff members.
- Understands managed care plans, HMOs, and unusual coverages and provides information to patients regarding eligibility for procedures. Ensures that practice employees understand insurances. Appraises patients of insurance eligibility.
- Handles fiscal procedures including, but not limited to: patient billing problems, and self-payer billing. Oversees shift-specific cash control issues such as closing out batches of negotiables and receipts, depositing cash, etc.
- Acts as liaison between the practice and Hospital departments particularly the PO. Serves as a liaison for patients regarding all Hospital services including financial information.
- Works closely with the clinical staff to determine needs and solve problems.
- Troubleshoots problems with customer service issues.
- May handle inventory maintenance and the ordering of supplies.
- Performs all other duties that are practice specific and are appropriate to this level of position.
- Associates Degree, Secretarial Science or equivalent/Secretarial Cert.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of administrative experience
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to function independently as well as with a team
- Outstanding, above average phone and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize a large workload
- Excellent independent judgment
- Organizational skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Medical terminology
- Strong computer skills
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.