Job ID: BH416468
Category: Payroll Coordinator, Payroll
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
The Payroll Specialist will process the biweekly payroll ensuring employees are paid on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Accurately processes updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates,
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Analyzes payroll data, identifies trends and recommends solutions consistent with wage and labor laws.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
- Process accurate and timely year end reporting.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Responds to employee inquiries in a timely manner.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll software, systems, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with ADP or similar payroll software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
- At least three to five years of related experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.