Job ID: BH416407
Category: Order Administrator, Database Administrator (DBA), Administrative Assistant
Hours: 40hrs/wk — 8hrs/day
Interview Process: Video Call or Phone Screen
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree
- 1+ years of work experience in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with international shipping/receiving
What You'll Do:
- Manage Global Outsourcing Database: maintain up-to-date outsourcing information (archiving of quotes, POs, final reports, CoAs, and other related documents).
- Place outsourced material/service orders to support Chemical Development. Maintain order list and assist Lead for GECM as required.
- Track all post-PO activities including delivery updates and shipment tracking, complete pre-shipment document approval/release.
- Process import and export shipment forms for outsourced chemicals and intracompany shipments to ensure completeness and compliance with applicable guidelines. Prepare forms, communicate shipping release to appropriate parties, archive forms, and track shipments.
- Maintain supplier information by capabilities and technologies (archive presentations, distribute presentations to Department where applicable); manage the supplier visit/seminars scheduling process and assist the Lead for GECM as required.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and teamwork skills within the Chemical Development Department and various interdisciplinary functions. Communicate promptly and professionally internally as well as externally to showcase the department and Boehringer Ingelheim in the best possible way.
- Communicate to lead scientists and the supervisor on assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail in all work
- Be able to multi-task and allocate time among tasks efficiently
- Associate and/or BS degree with > 1 years of work experience in pharmaceutical or chemical industry. Prior experience in international shipping and receiving is a plus.
- Fluency in MS Suite including Word and Excel
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.