Ops Specialist- FX Acct Maintenance
Job ID: BH416021
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
- The Operations Specialist – FX Account Maintenance/SSI – working under direct supervision, is an entry level position responsible for monitoring client third party operations and service levels. It also includes account opening, mapping, and settlement (including SSI updates and CLS settlements) in a timely and accurate manner. These functions include but are not limited to the escalation and resolution of high exposure items and issues, in addition to, interfacing with clients, FX Traders, Relationship Managers, and counterparties on all issues relating to the firm’s Foreign Exchange Trading activities. The Ops Specialist will assist more senior team members with client onboarding, reporting and analyses.
- Transaction Processing- Ensuring timely and accurate Account and SSI set ups for pending FX trade execution through various FX trading desks and platforms- Developing knowledge of FX trade-related SWIFT messages and fields required for FX transaction confirmation and payments.- Ensuring accurate settlement of FX trades per Standard Settlement Instructions (SSI) provided by clients and counterparties.- Ensuring timely updates to existing accounts based on trades executed.
- Quality Control/ Assurance- Open and maintain third-party FX accounts Department Head/FX RM approval and update client account master list and company FX master account list.- Liaise with FX Risk Group and Compliance on the approval of opening third party accounts.- Introduce and familiarize clients with new technology, automation tools and products. – Assist in maintaining and reporting on client service related metrics.- Participate in team based project work and audits.
- Client Service and Inquiry Response- Proactively respond to third party related client inquiries on a daily basis.- Work with internal departments to prioritize and resolve client requests and deliverables.- Assist in investigating all third party fails for the weekly management report
- Primary internal and external contacts with whom position interacts, and purpose/nature of contact:- Internal – Controllers, Credit, FX Risk, FX Trading, CSG, Partners – External – FX Clients
- Education level and/or relevant experience(s) – BS/BA degree – 3 to 6 months FX Operations, Derivatives or related Financial Services experience preferred but not essential
- Knowledge and skills (general and technical) – Ability to multi-task and prioritize volume- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment- Proactive approach to daily work and ability to handle multiple responsibilities- Ability to communicate professionally with others- Strong client service skills- Strong attention to detail- MS Office proficiency required-included MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access.- company Core Systems
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.