Job ID: BH415986
Category: Project Coordinator, Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Program Coordinator
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced Proficiency with MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
- 5 years of relevant healthcare and project management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration
- Academic Healthcare Center Experience
Under the general direction of the Program Manger and Program Directors for the Faculty/Trainee Mental Health, Personalized Psychiatry Consultation Program and Consultation Liaison Service in the Department of Psychiatry, the incumbent is responsible for managing a wide variety of administrative, projects related for the Department of Psychiatry. This position requires a detail-oriented candidate with superior follow through and organizational skills. Requires maintaining solid working relationships with a variety of staff, trainees, faculty, and students throughout the department. The candidate should possess strong leadership and communication skills, and exercise discretion, independent judgment and decision making in managing high-level, confidential matters.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Faculty/Trainee Mental Health, Personalized Psychiatry Consultation and Psych Transplant
Evaluation Programs Tasks (50%)
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the Faculty/Trainee Mental Health, Personalized
- Psychiatry Consultation and Psych Transplant Evaluation Programs.
- Acts as key point of contact for patients seeking care. Oversees electronic communications and telephone service functions, to ensure efficient scheduling and follow up.
- Responsible for oversight and management of Epic schedules, Work queue’s and calendars for program clinicians, including Program Director.
- Coordinates with clinic administrators and provides updates on scheduled appointments to ensure smooth registration and check in/check out.
- Responsible for collecting data and creating dashboards used for internal tracking and updates to leadership, including, but not limited to volume tracking, etc.
- Works with Program Director and Program Manger to develop processes around communication and coordination, including marketing tools to raise awareness of the program/related resources. Develops and maintains departmental intranet site.
- Works with the Medical Director and Practice Administrator to ensure support systems in the department operate efficiently. Works with patients and staff to address complaints and suggestions for improving service.
- Responsible for performing various administrative and clerical duties required to support the clinicians on an as-needed basis.
- Maintains confidentiality and complies with professional ethics per professional and Departmental standards.
- Maintains good communication with and reports problems to the Medical Director and/or Practice Program Managers.
- Other tasks, projects and duties as assigned by Department Leadership.
Administrative Tasks (50%)
- Provides Administrative support to the Department of Psychiatry, including calendar management.
- Responsible for providing daily Administrative support for the Psychiatry Consultation Liaison
- Service, including but not limited to paging physicians and updating patient excel lists for clinical service; works collaboratively with the administrative physician to maintain daily consultation service patient coverage
- Serve as a back up to the Senior Administrative Assistant for the Consultation Liaison service and the Education program.
- Often performs other duties as assigned or as responsibilities necessitate.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferred in healthcare administration
- (5) years of relevant health care and project management experience required
- Experience working in an academic healthcare center preferred.
- Experience with Power Point, Excel and Access required
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Superior organizational skills dealing with many institutions and departments with competing needs.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, independent decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work well under pressure; keep track of details, and following through to completion within specific time limits.
- Excellent time management skills
- Requires excellent judgment, tact, sensitivity and the ability to function independently in a stressful environment.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and HIPAA requirements regarding department-specific information
- Ability to lead others and persuade, influence and enlist others support in accomplishing objectives.
- Excellent analytical skills
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.