Director of Compensation administration
Job ID: BH415831
The Director of Compensation Administration (internally known as Director of Sales Operations) – is primarily responsible for working with a portion of the leadership team and the VP of Compensation to develop and maintain the programs and processes to reward employees. Extensive commission plan experience is strongly preferred.
This role supports incentive plans for employees in multiple business units, each of which have varied goals and objectives. This Director of Compensation Administration will lead all aspects of employee bonus administration and support for a portion of the businesses, ensuring the compensation plans are aligned to company objectives and strategy. This includes creating, maintaining, and enforcing best-practice policies, processes, tools, reports and metrics for the field HR organization(s). Play a key role as a facilitator and change advocate on a team with Corporate HR, Field HR and Finance by ensuring the achievement of targets and the continuous improvement of performance and productivity.
Responsibilities include leading all day-to-day activities required to maintain and administer compensation plans and effectively measuring and reporting payments to ensure alignment with the growth objectives of the business.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always;
- Own, lead, and manage the administration of bonus, commission and variable compensation cycles for a portion of Clean Harbors;
- Work cross-functionally with the Business, Corporate HR, Field HR and Finance teams to ensure proper tracking and reporting of all compensation plan changes;
- Models, monitor and analyze compensation plan effectiveness and present to the VP of Compensation and the Total Rewards Committee;
- Work with the VP of Compensation to ensure that revenues are recorded and reported by Vertical, Segment, Geography and LOB, to allow the company's strategy of aligning rewards with performance;
- Maintain functional responsibility for compensation administration activities associated with creating, maintaining, and enforcing policies, practices and tools for Field HR support;
- Implement best practices and rules surrounding employee lifecycle change improvements to ensure alignment with compensation plan components;
- Manage a portion of the day-to-day maintenance activity of the company’s compensation system to ensure data integrity and the required visibility throughout the organization;
- Work with Corporate HR and Field HR to communicate pay-out issues (large and small) to improve manager discipline and coaching capacities including monitoring Performance Improvement Plans;
- Recommend and support business-related special compensation, commission and spiff programs by working closely with the HR and Business leaders to develop and model each program and track the results accordingly;
- May have direct supervisory responsibility of administration and/or analyst personnel.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor Degree Required;
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position. Strong knowledge of Sales Compensation and Commission Plan designs and administration is required;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and strong presentation skills. Extremely organized with attention to detail;
- Ability to translate financial and statistical data into understandable terms for line managers;
- Ability to organize action items into ongoing and sustainable programs;
- Ability to understand an issue and address/resolve it both tactically and strategically;
- High degree of integrity.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.