Senior Staff Accountant
Job ID: BH415450
Category: Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Senior Accountant responsibilities are:
- Review and analyze financial data and create financial status reports based on the analysis.
- Recognize trends and shifts, investigate cause, and institute appropriate action.
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure transactions are recorded appropriately.
- Reconcile inventory detail ledgers to G/L and investigate any discrepancies.
- Support the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial statements.
- Participate in annual budget development, forecasts, and variance analysis.
- Manage all aspects of accounts receivable and payable.
- Create timely and accurate accounting reports for company executives and senior management.
- Assist CFO with special reports/ad hoc projects/impromptu requests from C-suite.
- Support and consult personnel on accounting control procedures.
- Optimize company's accounting systems and procedures and detect inaccuracies.
- Support tax audits (both internal and external) and tax returns.
- Support business processes and accounting policies
- Adhere to internal controls and accounting procedures, ensuring GAAP compliance.
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems. Acumatica is a plus.
Senior Accountant requirements are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a Senior Accountant or similar position.
- Full accounting cycle experience.
- Demonstrated experience in Manufacturing Accounting.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Google Suite.
- Strong knowledge of accounting (GAAP) theory and practice.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.