Job ID: BH415102
Category: Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
General Ledger Accountant
What You’ll Be Working On-
- Prepare monthly balance sheet or P&L account reconciliations, including prepaid, cash, accruals and inter-company accounts. Research and clear all reconciling items in a timely manner. Review and analyze transaction level detail for accuracy in accounts.
- Prepare journal entries and accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP and company policy. Maintain appropriate level of documentation and backup.
- Prepare monthly cash flow and projections for select accounts
- Collaborate with internal customers to research and resolve accounting issues timely.
- Assist with inquiries from auditors.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and teams.
- Perform testing for systems enhancements and reports.
What You’ll Need-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 3 to 5 years of progressive accounting experience in a similar role preferred
- Have a basic level of U.S. GAAP knowledge in order to make routine decisions or be able to identify where further research is required.
- Motivated individual with strong customer service, organizational, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills
- Analytical skills with ability to focus on details
- Problem solving skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Hands-on experience with ERP Systems (Oracle, preferred) and proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word. Aptitude for learning new systems.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.