Job ID: BH414859
Category: Grants Manager
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
2 Months (could extend longer)
Location: Hybrid 1-2 days in office. Washington Heights area.
Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
The part-time Grants Manager will be responsible for assisting PI with post-award setup, project budgets, and fiscal year budgets.
The specific responsibilities include:
1. Monitoring expenses, obligated balances, the variance between actual expenses and budgets, grant expense eligibility.
2. Performing grant financial analysis to identify and forecast trends in spending and potential shortfalls or overdrafts.
3. Ensuring that post-award commitments and responsibilities are completed, projects reviewed and reconciled for closeouts, cost transfers processed as needed for grant close-outs.
4. Initiating and overseeing the process of preparing and processing sub-contracts, working with PI’s to ensure sub-recipient financial monitoring.
5. Preparation and processing of sub-contracts, including the receipt of subcontract award documents, closeout documents, invoicing, and final account closeout. The Grants Manager will work with Investigators, Administrators, and University central administrative offices as needed.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.