Job ID: BH414626
Category: Senior Accountant, Property Accountant, Accounting and Finance
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
A real estate investment firm in Boston, MA seeks a Staff Accountant for full time, permanent employment.
- Degree in Accounting
- 1+ years accounting experience
- Experience with debt investments/loans
- Experience with Yardi & SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (Outlooksoft)
The Staff Accountant will produce monthly financial statements for assigned portfolio or corporate entities.
- Prepare general ledger entries and have full general ledger maintenance
- Prepare property level and consolidated financial statements
- Budget to actual variance analysis
- Bank and other general ledger account reconciliations
- Update budgets and forecasts for non-operating expenses
- Assist in supporting the external audit process
- Preparation of closing prorations and assistance with transaction closing statements and closing journal entries
- Review and reconcile development/construction draw activities and record related entries to general ledger
- Reconcile intercompany balances
- Participate in property field audits, as necessary
- Maintain and update fixed assets sub-ledger
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations
- Other special projects as assigned
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.