Job ID: BH413855
Category: Budget Analyst, Financial Analyst, Accounting and Finance
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Job Title: Budget/Financial Analyst
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years of analytical experience
- Non-Profit Experience
- Database Program Experience (i.e. Adaptive Planning and Datatel)
- Advanced Proficiency w/Excel
- 2-4 years experience in a higher education environment, preferably college or university setting
- Adaptive Insights
Reporting to the Associate Director of Budgets and Planning, the Budget Analyst supports the annual budget process, the department, program and school reporting and the monthly and multi-year projection. The position maintains planning models for revenues and expenses.
- Support the Institute annual operating budget process. Collaborate with schools, programs, departments and Corporate to maintain the budget and multi-year planning models for net tuition and fees, other revenues, and operating expenses. Distribute budget information to programs and departments. Review and process incoming budget submissions. Ensure the accuracy and completeness of budget system data.
- Perform multi-period, comparative financial analyses of programs and departments to support the budget and multi-year planning cycles. Promulgate the proposed budget through the organization and explain issues as needed. Act as an advisor to program and department managers in formulating their budget submissions.
- Provide budget and multi-year forecasts to the Budget & Planning Group as required.
- Support annual capital budget, set up and tracking of projects and reporting to the Capital Group.
- Trains and cross trains on key functions with all members of the Financial Services Department.
- Support special projects as needed. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting or finance.
- 2-4 years of experience in a higher education environment within a college or university setting preferred. 2-4 years of analytical experience, knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; self-motivated, resourceful, and able to take initiative; excellent interpersonal skills, including strong customer service orientation; ability to work effectively as member of team.
- Strong computer skills, advanced use of Excel. Knowledge of PeopleSoft Financial System is desirable. Knowledge of database programs such as Adaptive Planning and Datatel.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.