Job ID: BH413515
Category: Senior Financial Analyst, Cost Accountant, Financial Analyst, Cost Analyst / Cost Control
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
The financial analyst position will act as a financial expert for the plant assigned. The position will be responsible for understanding, overseeing, and training all levels within the plant/s assigned in the areas of plant P&L’s, budgeting, forecasting and auditing to ensure that the plants are operating as efficiently as possible.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Provides functional expertise and support to the Manufacturing Team related to manufacturing costs, performance measurements, and profitability. Utilizes knowledge of both manufacturing principles and cost/performance related measurements. Regularly communicates and reviews results of key performance measurements with the team.
- Responsible for coordinating all financial and cost management functions within certain manufacturing areas. Works directly with all levels of plant management and engineering within the assigned plant. Functions as part of the leadership team with the assigned area/s in achieving cost commitments and performance targets.
- Responsible for developing clear, concise performance measurement tools for specific manufacturing areas. These tools must influence proper decision-making and cause appropriate actions to be taken. This responsibility requires creativity, resolve, and the ability to communicate effectively across multiple functional areas and with various levels of management.
- Working with members of the Manufacturing, Engineering, Marketing, Brand, and Finance teams, is responsible for identifying productivity improvement opportunities, documenting cost reduction projects, monitoring progress, and providing visibility of progress on the projects. Proactively analyzes performance information and cost data to bring forth ideas for improvement. Makes recommendations to management regarding productivity opportunities and strategies.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of plant P&L’s by making month end journal entries and other adjustments necessary to support the accuracy of the site financial reporting. Responsible for maintaining the monthly reconciliations for each of the major elements of the P&L.
- Responsible for analyzing actual manufacturing performance information and coordinating the quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting processes within the assigned plant/s including but not limited to factory labor, non-labor and waste/yield.
- Responsible for the inventory accuracy, reporting and valuation within the assigned plant/s. Responsible for developing processes to ensure transactions are occurring in a timely fashion. Coordinates and manages year end physical inventory and periodic WIP audits.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) in Accounting/Business/Finance/Operations from four-year college or university; and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strongly prefer combination of education and/or experience in both operations and accounting.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to understand and deal with both abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient in PC spreadsheet applications (Excel), Word, Access and PowerPoint
- Visual Basic experience desirable.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.