Benefits: Leave Coordinator
Job ID: BH413507
Category: Benefits: LOA, Benefits Administrator
Specialty: Human Resources
Job Title: Leave Coordinator
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of Leave, HR, or other Benefits Experience
- CSR Background
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook and SharePoint
- ServiceNow – case/knowledge management
- Healthcare Industry or Shared Services/Internal Service Delivery Experience
The Leave Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and administration of the leave process which includes analytical, planning, reporting, technical, systems and project support. The Leave Coordinator will also help resolve concerns and issues from employees, managers, HR, and other customers and external parties regarding processes and policies through phone, email, case management, and chat. This person will strive to meet all expected service levels and business performance goals, performing a full range of services and fully documenting all cases in the case management system.
• Participate in and help drive scheduled and ad hoc training to improve policy and process acumen
• Contribute positively to a knowledge sharing environment by documenting and sharing all relevant experiences
• Work to continually improve and be adaptable to changes as they occur
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
• Assist and encourage users to make effective use of self-service options, empower them to solve inquiries
• Take ownership of all assigned tasks, initiatives, and inquiries and make sure that they are resolved / completed efficiently and with a superior level of quality
• Partner with HR counterparts (in Shared Services and across institutions) to ensure all escalated issues are resolved and service levels met
• Fully document all cases in case management application, establish / update processes as necessary
• Receive inbound inquiries via multiple channels (phone, email, case management, chat, etc.), clarify the need, answer the inquiries and assist in the resolution of concerns
• Ensure delivery of business results by meeting or exceeding all service level agreements and delivering high quality services that meet or exceed customer expectations
• Perform additional responsibilities such as managing knowledge articles or participating in special projects
• Serve as a specialist, able to handle escalated cases from customer service analysts and provide feedback to HR Service Center
• Investigate issue areas and determine methods of mitigation to resolve problems within acceptable timeframes, routing or escalating complex transactions to supervisor, manager or tier three for resolution as appropriate
• Work closely with Sr. Leave Coordinators on various leave issues
• Provide back-up support to Benefit Operations staff during busy seasons, vacations and other times as requested
• Communicate with customers and provide timely follow-up to questions, concerns and issues.
• Perform special benefit projects as necessary, such as preparation and presentation of benefit comparisons between entities.
• Provides analytic, project and system support to H&W Operations Supervisor and Benefit Operations Manager
• Support for annual open enrollment process
• Vendor interactions to ensure accurate payments of disability benefits
• Research individual employee issues and problems requiring leave interpretation; recognize system problems and propose solutions.
• Research leave issues and regulations
• Review administrative processes, recognize problems and establish documented corrective action
• Provide analytical and production support for leave records
• Lead reconciliation processes to assure vendor records and company records are synchronized
• Participate in various leave and benefit projects as assigned.
• Communicate with customers and provide timely follow-up to questions, concerns and issues
• Provide ad hoc reporting to departments and HR
• Instruct timekeepers on appropriate time reporting during leaves utilizing applicable policies
• Act as timekeeper for employees on leave
• Maintain accurate records of employees on leaves
• Develop and send applicable letters to employees detailing the status of their leave application and leave implications (pay, benefits, return to work, etc.)
• Process leaves in PeopleSoft system
• Work closely with occupational health staff on status of leaves
• Provide instruction to employees, department managers and HR generalists on appropriate procedure for leaves
• Provide guidance in interpreting leave policies, federal and state leave laws, & leaves covered under a collective bargaining agreement for employees, managers and HR generalists.
• Respond to requests / inquiries from customers (prioritizing as appropriate) and execute on the key tasks and activities in accordance with defined procedures and guidelines
• Local to the Boston Area
• 2+ years of related leave administration, HR, or other benefit experience
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant professional experience
• Experience in the healthcare industry and shared services/internal service delivery role preferred
• Proficiency with Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint, and familiarity with ServiceNow for case / knowledge management
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.