Job ID: BH411699
Category: Data Entry, Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Coordinator I
- High School Diploma
- Data Entry Experience
- Administrative/Clerical Experience
- Proficient with Excel and Tracking Systems
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Healthcare Experience
- Clinical Lab Experience
The Materials Coordinator will be provide clerical and data entry support to the Department of Pathology through the responsibilities outlined below.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains established department policies, procedures and objectives, including the areas of quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
2. Complies with all regulatory (Joint Commission) and billing compliance standards.
1. Responsible for daily handling, filing, tracking, and retrieval of hospital diagnostic slides. Must be able to verify status of all cases upon request.
2. Weekly processing and inter-filing of slides composed of frozen section, breast core, and hematopathology slide cases.
3. Daily processing/inter-filing of unstained slides.
4. Must possess the ability to work independently with little supervision and to problem-solve issues concerning missing, damaged, or unidentified slides as well as general problems with the filing and retrieval of diagnostic slides.
1. Process requests for slides for outside review: receive, log, and process requests via phone, fax, email, responding promptly and efficiently to all requests.
2. Liaise with large number of internal and external departments, and physician offices: locally, domestically and internationally. Includes liaising with the International Office, as well as, Research Core facilities, as needed.
3. Working in conjunction with Administrative Supervisor, will liaise with outside pathologists, research clinicians, and patients, to process all requests for block/slide retrieval from outside storage facility, ARMS/RETRIEVEX. Will also develop and maintain tracking and filing system for all materials.
4. Responsible for departmental relationship with outside storage facility, ARMS/RETRIEVEX as it pertains to daily retrieval of pathology slides and paraffin blocks, and the ongoing archiving of materials, including maintaining database, and all activities associated with organizing, labeling and tracking stored/requested items.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
1. Highly organized and proficient with filing and tracking systems.
2. Ability and knowledge to receive, log, and process all outside slide requests via phone, fax, and email email. Responds promptly and efficiently to all requests.
3. Creates, updates and maintains filing system for all materials in Consult Services.
4. Coordinates the retrieval of all materials from outside storage facility. Works to troubleshoot problems, identify missing materials and coordinate facility pick up.
5. Responsible for covering duties for Materials Coordinator and returning slides to outside storage facility when needed.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.