Practice Assistant Job
Job ID: BH411346
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Practice Assistant
- High School Diploma
- Administrative or Healthcare Administration experience
- Familiarity using information management softwares/systems
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
The Practice Assistant will provide administrative and customer support to the hospital's call center through the duties outlined below.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Answer incoming telephone lines in a timely fashion, using standard greeting and other telephone etiquette. Adhere to other relevant organizational and departmental service standards related to telephone access in order to ensure that patients, referring physicians, and other customers can easily access the practice by telephone.
2) Appropriately manage all calls, either by working with the customer or by referring the call to the appropriate party. For routine matters, respond directly to customer inquiries without referring the caller elsewhere. This includes responding to inquiries related to the availability of appointments, scheduled appointment dates and times, parking, directions, and general information about the hospital and the practice.
3) Assume primary responsibility for scheduling patient appointments. Assist in increasing customer satisfaction by appropriately managing the appointment schedule and access to clinical services. Cancel and reschedule appointments as requested. To the extent possible, ensure that patients and referring physicians scheduling needs are accommodated.
4) Assume primary responsibility for pre-appointment registration intake, ensuring that all required demographic and insurance information is accurately collected and/or updated.
5) Establish appropriate expectations related to the visit, including those related to financial matters. Ensure that patients are provided with all necessary re-visit information and instructions.
6) Knowledge of HMOs, managed care and other thirst party insurers.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent interpersonal skills. This position requires a great deal of initial contact with customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize work in a very busy atmosphere.
- Ability to problem solve.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.