Job ID: BH410840
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
3 Month Contract
Broadway & W 114th, NY 10027
Hours: 35 hrs/wk
Schedule: 9am – 5pm Monday- Friday
Industry: Higher Education
Dress: Business casual
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum three years’ experience, preferably in purchasing or related field.
- Requires experience in ordering, and maintaining inventory system.
- Must have working knowledge of purchasing and inventory control as well as general medical terminology.
- Front desk experience desired.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take initiative, including exercising independent judgment.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions while maintaining high professional standards.
- Requires strong computer skills with an emphasis on Excel and online purchasing system.
- Must be detailed oriented, highly accurate when processing information, and ability to multitask with strong organizational skills.
- Tasks involve the ability to lift a minimum of 20 lbs, to exert physical effort (light – moderate) including standing, bending, reaching, lifting, pushing, and/or pulling. May be required to work a flexible schedule for special events.:
- Under the guidance of the Nurse Manager, the Purchasing Coordinator will oversee the purchasing of Medical Services, medical, non-medical and laboratory supplies.
- Monitor and maintain optimal inventory levels based on demand and seasonal trends.
- Follow up with vendors on shipment and deliveries.
- Supervise the arrival of ordered supplies and manage all communication with vendors; track all orders and serve as liaison between vendors and the internal department to resolve any vendor related issue.
- The incumbent is also responsible for ordering non clinical supplies for other units.
- Collaborate with Finance/Business Office to obtain purchase orders, reconcile invoices and PCard transactions.
- In accordance with purchasing policies and procedures, coordinate and order a variety of supplies including but not limited to medications, medical, non-medical as well as medical equipment and instrument.
- Coordinate and order non clinical supplies for other units and support ongoing needs such as: order supplies for employee longue, e.g., coffee supplies, utensils, paper plates, napkins, and anything else that is associated with the lounge.
- Provide timely turn-around on all requisitions and purchase orders to insure timely delivery of goods.
- Research and secure pricing and identify alternate sources for supply based on quality and cost.
- Maintain computerized record of inventory levels based on demand and seasonal trends.
- Perform weekly inventory of vaccines, nitrogen tank and all other medical supplies to maintain optimal par level.
- Collaborate with appropriate clinical staff to establish which vaccines and other supplies are need for the particular month and create travel vaccine and appropriate count report.
- Participate in flu fairs.
- Prepare supplies for Medical Services annual events such as flu fairs, emergency events per EMOT and infectious outbreaks.
- Under the guidance of the Nurse Manager, review and evaluate changes in utilization of medications and adjust orders accordingly.
- Participate in relevant meetings to provide updates and changes relevant to vendors, and general usage of supplies. Maintain vendor/source information.
- Supervise the arrival of ordered supplies for accuracy in quality and quantity. Identify discrepancies in supplies ordered and received and take appropriate action including notifying the Business Office.
- Move or coordinate the move of supplies to appropriate unit within Health Services. Unpack and stock supplies. Initiate and coordinate the return of expired/malfunctioning/incorrect medical equipment, instruments, supplies, or medication.
- Collaborate with Finance/Business Office to develop purchase orders. Submit all invoices and supporting documentation to Finance/Business Office for processing. Utilize University financial system to reconcile PCard transactions. Maintain purchasing information, files, and records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Manage all communication with vendors; track all orders and serve as liaison between vendors and the internal department to resolve any vendor related issues. Respond to internal department purchasing inquiries.
- Make service call for medical equipment including but not limited to Autoclave, EKG machines, Transformer and Nebulizer. Provide building access to vendor who delivers liquid Nitrogen. Tracks replacements of equipment and monitor contracts for ongoing maintenance.
- Provide coverage (during vacation, unscheduled absences, breaks and when otherwise necessary) for designated reception and appointment scheduling areas in Medical Services. Meet and greet patients, direct visitors and patients, schedule appointments, answer telephone calls and respond to general inquiries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.