Accountant – Real Estate
Job ID: BH410604
Category: Senior Accountant, Property Accountant
Real Estate Accountant
The candidate is a highly motivated real estate professional focused on setting measurable operating goals and reporting results on a monthly basis, identifying barriers or hot issues to achieving goals and planning course corrections. The candidate has “hands-on” experience with both residential and commercial assets and strong financial analytic skills. This individual will identify and present “added-value” investments within the existing wholly owned and managed portfolio and for the real estate assets in which the company has invested. This individual must be a strong leader; comfortable working within a fast paced privately held family office and committed to supporting the company’s long term goals.
The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for providing support throughout the monthly financial statement close process. This includes, but is not limited to, processing journal entries, preparing monthly GL account reconciliations and analyzing financial reports and supporting schedules. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that the Company's finances are accurate and the Company is in compliance with internal and external financial reporting requirements.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Preparation of journal entries, recurring entries and expense accruals
- Preparation of monthly account reconciliations
- Maintain/update debt covenant requirements
- Analyze financial reports and supporting schedules
- Assist in preparation for annual audits including interacting with auditors
- Assist with monthly management reporting requirements
- Assist with technical accounting research
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and other job related duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Sage 300
- Minimum five (5) years accounting
- BS degree in Accounting
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Experience working in a strict monthly close work environment
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.