Job ID: BH410334
Category: HR Representative, HR Administrator
Specialty: Human Resources
Job Title: HR Assistant
- 1-3 years of related experience in a business or customer service setting
- Advanced Proficiency with Windows PC Systems and Microsoft Office Suite Programs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working within a Human Resources Department
- Healthcare Experience
The HR Assistant will directly report to HR Senior HR Business Partner. The HR Assistant is responsible for supporting the hospital's onboarding process.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Working closely with the HR Coordinator and Senior HR Assistant, the HR Assistant will process the onboarding paperwork for hospital Monthly employees.
a) Create new hire packets for orientations
b) Complete HR portion of new hire forms and send to Pro Staff Comp to key into PeopleSoft
c) Save offer letters in OnBase
d) Process HireRight background check request and monitor completion
e) Collect notarized CORI form, review for accuracy, submit to HR for processing
f) Process drug testing appointments requests, which includes:
- Ensuring that applicants are scheduled for drug testing
- Submitting Occupational Health or Quest scheduling request
- Reviewing daily drug testing results spreadsheet to track clearance
g) Process sanction checks
h) Enroll new hire in NEO session via PeopleSoft
i) Process HireRight I-9 Form request
- Send HireRight link to new hire and ensure Section 1 has been completed prior to NEO
- Complete Section 2 of I-9 form and collect and upload documentation
- Enter Visa information into Identification Data in PeopleSoft for tracking
j) Work with the HR Coordinator to track changes in start/NEO date due to delays in work authorization, arrival, occupational health, and update systems accordingly
k) Track new hires without SSN, send SSN notification email to employees without SSN
- Upon receipt of SSN, work with employee to add SSN to I-9 in HireRight; process Everify check and update PeopleSoft
l) Enter Self-ID information into PeopleSoft and scan forms into OnBase for hospital staff
m) Verify addresses in PeopleSoft and follow up with staff
HR Administrative Support
1. Scan all required onboarding and employee paperwork into OnBase.
2. Enter reimbursements in PeopleSoft expense system.
3. Enter and scan all corrective action notices into PeopleSoft for the Sr. HR Business Partner.
4. Save termination letters into Employee Files in OnBase.
5. Assist with pulling all terminated personnel files and I-9 Forms.
6. Assist with I-9 Audits.
7. Calendar and conference line management for HR Staff.
8. Assist with updating employee name and address changes.
9. All other duties, as assigned.
- 1-3 years of related experience in a business or customer service setting, preferably in a Human Resources department.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with physicians, managers and employees
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to work as a team player in a very busy environment
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to get work done in most effective manner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Must have a high level of integrity/trustworthiness – will be privy to a variety of confidential information, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment
- Must have experience with PC systems such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PeopleSoft
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.