Fixed Asset Accountant
Job ID: BH410143
Category: Fixed Assets Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Fixed Asset Accountant
Contract Duration: 6+ months
Job Location: Cambridge
Company Information, Industry, Size: Defense Contractor
Interview Process: Virtual
- US Citizen
- MBA or CPA
FIXED ASSET ACCOUNTANT – FAS
The General Ledger Accountant will work with the business to ensure the financial results accurately reflects the company's financial position while following US GAAP guidelines. In this role, the Accountant will interface with a variety of departments/areas including Facilities, Internal Audit, Contracts, Procurement, Property, Billing, Financial Planning and Analysis, Programs, Engineering, and Legal. The right candidate is a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced individual who will have a significant impact in preparing journal entries, analyzing account activity fluctuations, preparing account reconciliations and issuing financial reports.
– Responsible for accounting associated with fixed assets, ensuring fixed asset capitalization follows capitalization threshold, managing construction in process (CIP) activity and closing ERP modules monthly.
– Coordinate with programs, engineering, and facilities on placing assets into service.
– Record all necessary journal entries related to fixed assets and depreciation activities.
– Process fixed asset transfers as appropriate.
– Record all necessary journal entries associated with precious metals inventory.
– Ensure monthly close work is complete in accordance with closing schedule, including all necessary month-end journal entries.
– Independently perform balance sheet and income statement fluctuation analyses to ensure accuracy, perform route cause analysis, and perform necessary adjustments.
– Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports as required.
– Prepare monthly account reconciliations on balance sheet accounts. Perform route cause analysis for outliers/inconsistencies and recommend adjustments.
– Actively participate and support interim and annual financial audits (Financial Statements, Uniform Guidance, etc.).
– Develop and maintain critical policy and procedure documentation related to specific accounting processes.
– Support ERP system upgrades.
– Actively collaborate with team members and other internal stakeholders within finance organization.
– Performing other accounting duties and supporting other staff as required or assigned.
– Education: Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Accounting. MBA a plus but not required.
– 4 or more years of accounting experience with a large company
– An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
– Certification/Licensure: CPA preferred but not required
– Knowledge of database structures for data extraction from PeopleSoft or equivalent ERP system; advanced Excel skills needed.
– Strong oral and written communication skills necessary, as is ability to cultivate critical inter- and intra-departmental working relationships, foster an environment of cooperation and trust and effectively meet deadlines while providing a high level of customer service
– A demonstrated ability to be proactive and forward thinking in a fast-paced environment.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.