Job ID: BH409448
Category: Administrative Assistant
Client Job Title: Receptionist Scheduler
Contract (3 months)
The Receptionist Scheduler will assist in the coordination and execution of patient scheduling, representing the clients hospital as the patient’s first point of contact. The Receptionist Scheduler will collaborate in the management and scheduling of cardiology appointments for the various departments of HVI facilitating communication between physicians, physician’s offices, other departments, patients and staff members. May have some Telemetry Technician duties as well.
- Organizes the schedules to best utilize the department facilities and staffing.
- Communicates effectively with team regarding changes in schedule, patient issues and physician
- Maintains accurate information and utilizes various software, including department specific
programs, to schedule, enter charges, find and scan documents, and accurately enter patient
- With changes, follows through with timely communication to all appropriate locations and
individuals of patient location/assignment, schedule changes.
- Provides information per request (i.e. patient reports, schedules) in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Greets customers, assists patients with completion of required paperwork and answers department
phone in a timely, helpful and friendly manner.
- Ensures that patient charts have all the required paperwork prior to the patient’s procedure.
- As directed by clinical staff, places orders for patient tests to be preformed as needed during patient
- Assist clinical staff as needed with patients and family members.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and plan daily work with completion requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Position may require working for various HVI departments as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supports administrative functions for the department as requested.
- Independently identifies cardiac rhythm and documents ECG measurements per unit standard.
- Promotes patient safety by ensuring monitor alarms are kept on with the appropriate alarm limits.
- Immediately identifies abnormal ECG rhythms and changes in rhythms and validates findings
- Identifies appropriate lead selection and can initiate electrode placement, including skin prep, as
- Maintains and checks monitoring equipment daily. Reports repairs as needed.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.