Job ID: BH409139
Category: Contracts Administrator
Lexington or Cambridge, MA
*Preferably local candidates, but remote possible
4 Month Contract
The role involves providing administrative support to the Legal team (lawyers, paralegals and non-lawyers) using the contract management/review systems. Contract administration responsibilities for US Commercial Law team under appropriate attorney supervision. Provide guidance and support to internal and external clients for contractual matters.
Contract Administration (85%)
- Supporting contracting process within the US Commercial Law team to enable the legal team to provide first class legal services
- Responsible for timely preparation, review and processing of a high volume of contracts and other related documents, including formatting documents, managing data on company information and template catalogue and processing elements of the contract management systems (AXXERION and ARIBA)
- Responsible for initial assignment of contract requests, according to various workflows, in some instances including reviewing and analyzing contract terms and conditions to determine compliance
- Responsible for data input and data verification for the contracting process Train internal clients on contract request and review processes
- Participate in development of appropriate processes to improve efficiency and enhance department capabilities, including template management tasks and other tasks as delegated by the US Commercial Law team
Relationship Management (15%)
- Build relationships with internal US Commercial Law team to facilitate contracting process
- Serve as point of contact for Legal, Procurement and Business clients on contract processing and other contractual matters, including status of contracts in process and tracking and reporting on contracts in the Legal contracts database
- Requires knowledge of the structure of a contract template (or any other structured document set out in MS Word which requires numbering and locking for tracked changes, content controls to convert to forms etc.)
- Significant competency in using technology, including contract management systems and repositories, navigating a database and managing and manipulating Word documents
- Excellent data inputting and data quality control skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to network across functions. This is a business critical function that interacts with numerous other internal business and company functions Organized, responsible, detail-oriented and proactive
- Capable of working independently and able to understand and incorporate legal guidance into work product
- The candidate should be a motivated, self-starter who can manage a busy workload with minimal day-to-day supervision, exercising good judgement. Full on the job training will be provided.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.