Job ID: BH409117
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
- Associate’s Degree
- 3+ years of Administrative or Secretarial work experience
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Healthcare Administration Experience
Across the country, governments, employers, and American families have struggled in the face of rising healthcare costs. Efforts historically have targeted narrow programs and patient populations, and while many have succeeded, healthcare costs continue to rise. It’s time to take a radically different approach. A new approach involves putting the patient at the center with the goals of improving value and providing better outcomes at lower cost for patients. The Population Health Management (PHM) department is charged with the challenge to drive better value for patients across the organization. To achieve its goals, PHM leverages financial and clinical data to examine opportunities, designs and delivers innovative care models using product development and design thinking disciplines, and leverages problem solving, teamwork, and leadership skills to drive ongoing improvement.
The Population Health Management (PHM) Administrative Assistant will provide overall administrative support for designated PHM teams in their efforts to develop and implement system-wide initiatives aimed at improving patient care and decreasing healthcare costs. The primary responsibilities will be calendar management and scheduling and organizing meetings for PHM program leaders. The Administrative Assistant will also assist with Ad hoc projects
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Use/s the organization’s values to govern decisions, actions, and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
o Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences, and department activities for all members of the department.
o Prepare agenda for all meetings in advance
o Arrange meeting facilities (room, venues, food, webinars, call ins etc.)
o Act as recording secretary when asked; prepare action minutes
o Compose correspondence/reports for own or manager’s/departmental signatures
o Arrange essential mail in priority action order for manager(s) & department
o Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play
o Process replies on own initiative or from managers’ dictation or notes
o Handle all inquiries within capacity
o Arrange "callbacks" to protect manager’s time
o Provide back-up materials for callbacks
o Route calls elsewhere as needed
o Do phone surveys/inquiries as needed
o Perform to earn manager’s full confidence
o Assure discreet handling of all business
o Comply with all HIPPA and patient confidentiality policies
o Screen to control interruptions
o Arrange amenities as needed
o Schedule visits away from manager’s area to protect priority/private tasks
o Arrange travel through internal or outside agents
o Prepare itinerary, trip file and supplies
o Prepare expense report tools for manager(s) and department
o Complete expense reports after trip
• Data Management
o Improve/tighten storage/retrieval systems
o Update and manage index
o Set up "tickler" system
o Take part in any administrative meetings to assure secretarial follow-through
• Other duties as assigned
• Work requires an extensive knowledge of business processes and an excellent command of the English language.
• Must have knowledge of secretarial, office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment, at a level generally acquired through 3+ years related experience.
• Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization
• Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds, and levels within and external to the organization
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
• Respect the talent and unique contribution of every individual, culture and ethnic group and treat all people in a fair and equitable manner.
• Exercise self-awareness; monitor impact on others; is receptive to and seek out feedback; use self-discipline to adjust to feedback
• Accountable for delivering high quality work. Act with a clear sense of ownership
• High degree of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
• Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
• Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to protect sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
• Works with minimal supervision, manages own time effectively, maintains control over all current projects/responsibilities.
• Ability to make independent decisions.
• No direct reports; may indirectly provide leadership and guidance to less seasoned and new staff
• No direct budgetary responsibility
• Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using organization resources
• Possible local travel to other organization locations
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.