Credit Representative II
Job ID: BH409102
Category: Collections Manager, Collections, Accounts Receivable Manager, Accounts Receivable Coordinator, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Accounts Receivable
Perform a variety of collection and account resolution duties related to domestic credit accounts receivable management. Responsibilities include making timely collection calls, and assisting with documentation needs to keep accounts current and within their assigned credit limits. Support customer and business unit requests, including the preparation of detailed A/R collection and dispute reports, and participation in business unit meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Make timely and effective collection calls to assigned accounts to keep accounts current and within their assigned credit limits with moderate to minimal supervision. Enter detailed A/R system notes to document collection activity
2. Identify credit risk accounts through collection activity and advise the appropriate Credit Analyst or Supervisor of the situation
3. Internet usage to include credit reports, delivery tracking, invoicing, accessing corporate public records, etc
4. Help facilitate timely dispute resolution by coding disputes in A/R system, and by gathering supporting information to be passed on to the business unit
5. Facilitate credit card transactions for the business units
6. Preparation of A/R collection reports, dispute reports, and other miscellaneous reports as requested by the customer, business unit, or Supervisor
7. Participate effectively in scheduled meetings with the business unit to resolve collection and customer dispute matters
8. Distribute monthly account statements, maintain files, and complete A/R system maintenance
9.Assist with customer order review when assigned
10. Comply with Corporate policy
11.Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS HS/GED Previous credit/collections experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, and/or other business software such as JDE
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently at all levels of the organization
Ability to support team concepts including: team member assistance, cross training, and continuous improvement.
- Associate's degree in Accounting/Finance or related field; or National Association of Credit Management Certification
- 3-plus years of related experience
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.