Finance Associate (Fund Accountant)
Job ID: BH409091
Category: Staff Accountant, Fund Administrator, Fund Accountant
Premier private equity firm in Boston is seeking a Finance Associate to join their team!
Job Title: Finance Associate
Job Location: Boston/Remote
Industry: Private Equity firm, 100% employee owned and have $2.8 Billion in assets under management.
Info on role:
Will be part of a 5 person team reporting to the VP of Finance and will also work closely with the Finance Manager and other Finance Associate on the team. Position will be responsible for accounting, reporting and analysis on their investment funds, preparing investor capital calls & distributions as well as assisting with partnership returns.
Title: Finance Associate
Reports to: Vice President of Finance
This position will be responsible for all aspects of fund administration covering a number of private equity vehicles. Will work amongst a small team of 5 and report to the VP of Finance under the supervision of a Finance Manager. The Finance Associate will be responsible for a number of funds and assist with other firm responsibilities including audit, tax, marketing and portfolio management and valuation. This person should have a high degree of organization, possess a strong technical aptitude and the ability to prioritize and execute multiple responsibilities, and maintain a flexible attitude while working within a fast-paced environment. Salary and bonus commensurate with individual experience.
• Accounting and reporting on a quarterly basis in accordance with each fund’s limited partnership agreement
• Monitoring cash management and forecasting for funds; preparing investor capital calls and distributions when necessary
• Audit preparation and tax reporting in conjunction with external auditors and tax preparers for interim and year end
• Quarterly fund valuation and portfolio monitoring
• Other responsibilities include responding to investor requests, working with the marketing team to provide data for marketing materials and the firm’s annual investor meeting
Ideal candidate will have:
• 1-3 years of experience in fund accounting
• Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite- especially Excel
• Knowledge of Investran accounting and reporting system a plus
• Professional individual with solid communication skills and energetic attitude
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.