Senior Director: People and Talent
Job ID: BH409061
Category: HR Business Partner, Director of Talent Acquisition
Specialty: Human Resources
Senior Director; People & Talent
Job Location: Waltham
Company Information, Industry, Size: Large Tech company
Team Size: Large. Divided into 4 different divisions. This role will have at least 3 direct reports.
Interview Process: Starts virtual. but may have an in person for final round.
- 10+ years of experience.
- Tech industry experience.
We need an energetic, data driven, positive-thinking, and solution-focused leader to join our People Team as a Senior Director.
What you’ll do:
You’re first and foremost a partner, collaborating with HR and across the organization to lead both our HR Business Partner and Talent Acquisition teams, and serving as a champion for growth & change. Here’s how we see that coming together in this role:
Be a proactive & solution-focused leader.
- Our company is growing, and it’s happening FAST – acquisitions, integrations, and natural growth is underway, and more is on the horizon. We’re looking for doers – someone who can identify a problem, figure out a solution, and implement it quickly.
- We’ll need you to partner with key stakeholders to help the HR organization stay agile, remain responsive to employees, design strategy, and keep us modern in everything we do.
Be a culture change agent.
- We’re designing and rolling out new operating values, elevating our focus on diversity & inclusion, and ensuring our employees feel recognized, valued and want to stay with us long term.
- Help us refine our culture strategy and execute effectively across the organization. Embrace change, lead by example and use influence to ensure we’re an organization where our people are proud to work.
Know the ins and outs of hiring (and retaining) great people. We need someone who’s strong in Talent Acquisition. We have a great team already, and you’ll take them even further.
- You’ll lead strategy and ensure we’re not just finding the types of people we want to spend the work week with – but people that want to stay and grow with us, too.
- Guide the development of relevant scorecards and people analytics dashboard, to allow for data-driven decisions amongst HR and business leaders.
- Get creative: provide thought leadership in terms of new approaches to sourcing candidates, developing better brand awareness, and ensuring we access and attract a diverse candidate pool.
Be an awesome manager – and teach the rest of us how to do it, too.
- Our HRBPs strive to be high level and hands-on: they provide full lifecycle HR support to the business. We need you to help grow their business acumen, increase their confidence, and ensure they’re seen as strategic partners.
- We’ll look to your expertise in growing individuals and teams and looking for new ways to implement people development. We’ll ask you to partner with all levels of HR and leadership to support employee growth and development, organizational change and employee engagement.
Be there when we need you most. This role requires agility, flexibility, and being ok with having a few balls in the air at once. So in addition to the main duties outlined above, we’ll also ask you to:
- Be the point person during acquisitions, and lead the HR Team in developing and deploying action plans to ensure a seamless transition of HR from the acquired company into Constant Contact. Show them why they should be so excited to join our team!
- Contribute to the HR Leadership Team’s strategic & operational discussions as well as HR Talent Reviews. Provide regular updates to the leadership team: quarterly performance, key initiatives, best practices.
- Plan and manage staffing level & budget according to plan.
- Report on key HR data and use that information to help our leaders make sound people decisions.
Who you are:
- Ideally, you’re a seasoned professional. We’re looking for someone with 10+ years of progressive HR experience, leading multiple functions (including employee relations, recruiting, talent management, and training).
- Be prepared to show off – we want to know about your organizational design/development and change management skills and how you’ve successfully implemented them in prior roles.
- You’re ready to tell us about your deep knowledge and understanding of recruiting in a variety of geographic markets and for all key functions, including Sales, Marketing, Technology, Product/Product Design and Customer Operations.
- We want an effective team builder & someone people trust – if you’ve got a talent for leading teams, motivating and coaching them, and developing a diverse group of individuals who serve as true ambassadors for the business, we can’t wait to talk to you.
- An innovator – someone who will push the boundaries and look for new, imaginative strategies and approaches to ensure we reach, acquire, retain and promote the best talent out there.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.