VP of Human Resources
Job ID: BH408930
Category: VP Human Resources
Specialty: Human Resources
A growing financial services company located south of Boston, is seeking a full-time VP or Assistant VP of Human Resources. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is at the Director level, looking to take that next step in their career. Ideally, you will have experience working in a company that has call center environments (customer service, credit & collections, inbound sales, etc.). and/or where the majority of employees are non-exempt vs. exempt.
Job Title: AVP of Human Resources / VP of Human Resources
Contract length: Direct-hire
Job Location: Travel is required. Rotating weekly travel schedule to 3 offices.
3 days on-site and 2 days remote.
Hours: 40 hours a week; 8:00am-5:00pm
Interview process: 3-4 rounds (mix of video and on-site)
- Annual discretionary bonus eligibility.
- Annual merit increase eligibility.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance.
- 401k Plan.
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- Employee Discounts and more!
- 7-10 years of progressive HR experience.
- Experience working in a company that has call center environments and/or where the majority of employees are paid hourly vs. salary.
- Experience working in companies with less than 500 EEs.
The AVP or Vice President of Human Resources will have 6 direct reports, and this position will report directly to the COO.
- Aligns the organization’s people strategy with the corporate strategy in order to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements programs, systems and procedures that support the organization’s goals and associates. Works with HR Managers at each facility to implement.
- Acts as coach and mentor to the HR team.
- Responsible for the overall direction of the Employment function. Oversees the strategic development and execution of effective recruitment strategies in conjunction with the Talent Acquisition Manager for all facilities to ensure the company’s talent needs are continually met.
- Responsible for Employee/Labor Relations. Monitor corrective action, turnover, and exit interview information. Develops programs that contribute to the establishment of a positive employee relations and retention environment.
- Responsible for the overall direction of the Benefits function. Periodically re-evaluates the employee benefit program to ensure alignment with the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Responsible to COO, for all compensation-related functions. Establish and maintain an effective wage and salary program for the company. Recommend pay adjustments where appropriate and ensures compliance with all applicable Wage and Hour Laws (FLSA).
- Responsible for assuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations/laws in all Human Resources-related areas.
- Responsible for establishing safe, efficient, accurate, and compliant Human Resources recordkeeping systems. Participate in Safety and Security Teams and regularly monitor activity at all locations.
- Advises, monitors, and directs HR team to ensure that Human Resources policies practices and procedures are consistent across all location lines. Develops and/or revises procedures and policies as needed and ensures consistent communication.
- Selects, trains, and assigns work to team. Manages the Human Resources team, which includes establishing standards of performance, conducting performance evaluations, and encouraging professional development.
- Responsible for the department’s operational excellence and high ethical standards and assures that the department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable procedures, policies, and professional standards.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for all clients, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure an ethical, professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively both as part of the department team and cross functionally with other departments to contribute to the achievement of department/company goals and objectives.
- Maintains work area and equipment in conditions as required by department standards. Operates assigned equipment and performs all activities in a safe manner.
- Maintains department budget as directed by COO.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.