Accounts Payable Specialist
Job ID: BH408921
Category: Accounts Payable
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Accounts Payable Specialist
Onsite – Durham, NC 27709
6 Month Contract
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 2 years of related accounts payable experience is required.
- Must have strong working knowledge of accounts payable concepts.
- Understanding of sales/use tax concepts.
- Ability to navigate and process a high volume of invoices electronically from an image using workflows and business rules.
- Ability to perform 2 -way and 3 -way matching.
- Intermediate Excel (Pivot Tables) required.
- SAP & Vendor Invoice Management (Open Text) experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and shift gears to perform different activities (e.g. invoice validation, invoice processing, (non-PO vs. PO)
- Ability to work within deadlines in a fast pace environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Takes ownership and is proactive.
- Positive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent customer service and a contagious enthusiasm.
- The Accounts Payable Specialist – AP Specialist – will be responsible for processing a high volume of invoice images in an automated system, Vendor Invoice Management (VIM) with business rules and workflows.
- Provides and assists Operations with primarily post award clinical study activities to include reviewing and posting invoices, coordinating the monthly accrual submission, and Compliance.
- Works with internal and cross-functional teams that includes Legal, Compliance, Purchasing, Accounting, Treasury and Finance Dept.
- Reviews invoices for proper charging per the contract and accuracy to support processing approval.
- Post invoices in the Corporate financial system for payment release.
- Interacts with accounts payable department in Ireland, LA and vendors to address questions regarding outstanding invoices.
- Interacts with study managers to ensure invoices are reviewed and approved in a timely manner.
- Creates and ensures purchase requisitions and purchase orders are setup for accurate payment and charge code, reviews/understands relevant terms and conditions applicable to contract.
- Maintains an organized contract and invoice files/records.
- Establishes internal relationships across functional areas (AP, Purchasing, Corp. Finance, Legal et al) in order to efficiently and accurately manage contract development, purchase orders, billing and payments related to clinical operations activities.
- Coordinate the month-end estimates by the vendors to be submitted for Accrual
- The Accounts Payable Specialist will spend a great deal of time problem solving to troubleshoot invoice exceptions, to take the proper workflow actions and to manage their workplace.
- This position handles both purchase order and non-purchase order invoices, 3-way matching (PO, invoice and good receipts) and may support multiple entities and end-users.
- Manage workplace queue by efficiency processing a high volume invoices in the Vendor Invoice Management System.
- Provide GL and cost center coding for assigned company or companies.
- Working knowledge of the non-PO exception table for assigned companies.
- Ensure VIM notes to approvers and buyers are clear.
- Electronically match purchase order exceptions with the PO, invoice and goods receipt for specific PO
- Types or Companies and understand sales/use tax regulations for commodities or company.
- As directed by supervisor, cross-train in other exceptions on workflows and business rules to efficiency process invoices.
- Compiles the Sunshine Act Reports from the CRO’s and internal payments and reports them to the compliancy department.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with emphasis in Accounting, Finance, or closely related scientific or technical discipline is preferred.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.