Job ID: BH408761
Category: Accounting and Finance
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
- The Fund Accountant is responsible for specialized accounting support of commingled investment portfolios within the business line. Leveraging our fund accounting technology, Fund Accountants will complete one or more key aspects of net asset value execution including; transactions, capital stock, expenses, corporate actions, cash, and special handling, as well as break identification and resolution. Fund Accountants ensure daily accounting deliverables are timely and accurate. • Primary contact for derivative valuation inquiries• Verify information.• Escalate problem items.• Manage daily volume.• Ensure daily output maintains department/team standards for quality and timeliness.. • Help to ensure team deadlines and/or requirements are being met.• Manage daily production reporting. • Monitor and assist in the resolution of issues.• Follow up on open inquiries.• Interact with other company departments on resolution of issues.• Break follow up and resolution • Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure.• Communicate with internal departments as necessary.• Contribute to Management Reporting (ie: Clarity, PVC’s, past dues, cash breaks, R and A analysis)• Gain an understanding of the big picture of how specific function impacts the firm.• Contribute to Division/Firm process improvement activities.• Gain efficiencies to improve individual productivity• Manage multiple tasks and/or projects efficiently despite resource and time constraints
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to identify, escalate and resolve a problem.
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work US Holidays
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.