Benefits: Leave Coordinator
Job ID: BH408221
Category: HR Administrator
Specialty: Human Resources
– 2+ years of Leave admin, HR, or other benefit exp (must have experience with Leave)
– Bachelor's degree
– CSR background & time management skills
– Microsoft suite proficiency
• Respond to requests / inquiries from customers (prioritizing as appropriate) and execute on the key tasks and activities in accordance with defined procedures and guidelines
• Provide guidance in interpreting leave policies, federal and state leave laws, & leaves covered under a collective bargaining agreement for employees, managers and HR generalists.
• Provide instruction to employees, department managers and HR generalists on appropriate procedure for leaves
• Work closely with occupational health staff on status of leaves
• Process leaves in PeopleSoft system
• Develop and send applicable letters to employees detailing the status of their leave application and leave implications (pay, benefits, return to work, etc.)
• Maintain accurate records of employees on leaves
• Act as timekeeper for employees on leave
• Instruct timekeepers on appropriate time reporting during leaves utilizing applicable policies
• Provide ad hoc reporting to departments and HR
• Communicate with customers and provide timely follow-up to questions, concerns and issues
• Participate in various leave and benefit projects as assigned.
• Lead reconciliation processes to assure vendor records and Partners records are synchronized
• Provide analytical and production support for leave records
• Review administrative processes, recognize problems and establish documented corrective action
• Research leave issues and regulations
• Research individual employee issues and problems requiring leave interpretation; recognize system problems and propose solutions.
• Vendor interactions to ensure accurate payments of disability benefits
• Support for annual open enrollment process
• Provides analytic, project and system support to H&W Operations Supervisor and Benefit Operations Manager
• Perform special benefit projects as necessary, such as preparation and presentation of benefit comparisons between entities.
• Communicate with customers and provide timely follow-up to questions, concerns and issues.
• Provide back-up support to Benefit Operations staff during busy seasons, vacations and other times as requested
• Work closely with Sr. Leave Coordinators on various leave issues
• Investigate issue areas and determine methods of mitigation to resolve problems within acceptable timeframes, routing or escalating complex transactions to supervisor, manager or tier three for resolution as appropriate
• Serve as a specialist, able to handle escalated cases from customer service analysts and provide feedback to HR Service Center
• Perform additional responsibilities such as managing knowledge articles or participating in special projects
• Ensure delivery of business results by meeting or exceeding all service level agreements and delivering high quality services that meet or exceed customer expectations
• Receive inbound inquiries via multiple channels (phone, email, case management, chat, etc.), clarify the need, answer the inquiries and assist in the resolution of concerns
• Fully document all cases in case management application, establish / update processes as necessary
• Partner with HR counterparts (in Shared Services and across institutions) to ensure all escalated issues are resolved and service levels met
• Take ownership of all assigned tasks, initiatives, and inquiries and make sure that they are resolved / completed efficiently and with a superior level of quality
• Assist and encourage users to make effective use of self-service options, empower them to solve inquiries
• Ensure compliance with Partners’ policies and procedures
• Work to continually improve and be adaptable to changes as they occur
• Contribute positively to a knowledge sharing environment by documenting and sharing all relevant experiences
• Participate in and help drive scheduled and ad hoc training to improve policy and process acumen
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.