Senior Staff Accountant
Job ID: BH408166
Category: Staff Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Client Job Title: Staff Accountant
Job Location: Hingham (Hybrid Schedule)
Company Information, Industry, Size: Medical Tech company. FDA approved last year and growing quickly.
Interview Process: Virtual
- 3+ years of experience
- Medical Device or Manufacturing, or BioTech/Pharma industry
- Familiar with some Payroll.
Staff Accountant responsibilities include processing payments, maintaining cost reports, managing invoices, managing expense reports and reimbursements, entering financial transactions into our internal databases, payroll support, managing state taxes, journal entries, month end preparation and general ledger reconciliation. If you have experience in finance or accounting and enjoy financial reporting, tax management, and budget preparation we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help maintain our company’s financial health ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions, and make sure we use our resources beneficially.
- Work with CFO and Controller to create and implement processes
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits
- Register for state tax accounts and third-party administrator payroll set-up as we expand into new states
- File and Process quarterly tax payments in multiple states
- Reconcile employee expense reports and process approved employee expense reimbursements
- Prepare bank deposits
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Maintain digital and physical financial records
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed
- Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies
- Enter financial transactions into internal databases (i.e.: NetSuite)
- Issue invoices to customers and external partners, as needed
- Track and reconcile bank statements
- At least 3 years work experience as a Staff Accountant, Finance Officer, Accounting Assistant, or similar role
- Accounting experience at a medical technology, device, biotech or pharma company
- Familiarity with finance regulations
- Collections experience
- Ability to work with account executives on reports and collections
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Ability to work independently
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Familiarity with accounting software, NetSuite, Bill.com and Expensify
- Familiarity with ADP payroll system and reporting
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.