Job ID: BH408067
Job Location: Chicago
Hybrid: 3 days in office and 2 days from home
Very exciting venture, established company purchasing an established brand. Seeking a controller with very strong accounting, controls and procedures. And some taxes Ideal hire is out of dairy or FMCG industry. Seeking a hands on controller that can build a team.
The Corporate Controller reports to the Senior Director Finance & Accounting and is responsible for overseeing the General Accounting and Financial Reporting.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring financial reporting is prepared in compliance with Group financial policies as well as US GAAP. The candidate must possess strong accounting experience, communication, organizational, technology and leadership skills and usually will have at least 10 years of prior experience, including management responsibility and comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for the Company’s financial reporting by consolidating data from various sources and using consolidation and integration tools such as CFP to ensure a complete set of consolidated financial reports.
- Responsible for statutory reporting through HFM to the parent company as well as the consolidated USGAAP financial statements for the operating and holding company
- Responsible for managing the company’s cash settlement process with KHC and ensuring validation and reconciliation of all items
- Will be the key person to manage the completion of the acquisition opening balance sheet.
- Will be the key contact point for the completion of the external audit and meeting all audit requirements
- Provide technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules
- Ensure that company financial records, are maintained in compliance with company policies.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other reports/documents to ensure sound financial reporting including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Work collaboratively across functional departments to improve efficiencies and resolve issues that could impact the financial statements.
- Develop, implement and monitor appropriate internal controls
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new and ongoing updates to financial systems (HFM, SAP) including driving system efficiencies.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to staff and internal customer groups on specific elements of audits and subsequent recommendations. Maintain current knowledge of new applicable accounting standards
- In conjunction with the Tax team, review tax and deferred tax
- Provide Treasury management support
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or other related academic discipline
- CPA or Chartered Accountant designation
- MBA or Masters degree is preferred
- 10+ years of progressive accounting/controller experience within a multinational manufacturing business ideally in dairy or FMCG
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required.
- Experience with financial consolidation accounting
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop high-performing teams
- Experience working with SAP, HFM and banking platforms
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products with advanced skills in Excel
- Independent, self-motivated, self-managing, proactive and responsive with a bias for action and results
- Adaptable to business changes and M&A activity
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.