Administrative Assistant – Medical Center
Job ID: BH408050
Category: Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant
3 months (will likely extend)
The incumbent will report to the Operations Manager for the Department of Ophthalmology.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide general administrative support to the faculty assigned, including managing his/her calendar, phone and email communication.
- Receive and review correspondence coming into the office and respond to general inquiries; draft correspondence and assist with preparation of reports and presentations.
- Assisting with preparation of publications and interaction with journal offices.
- Prepare clinical dictations.
- Plan and coordinate travel arrangements and prepare itineraries and expense reports.
- Processes travel and business expense reports, domestic and international invoices, procurements of goods and services, and petty cash transactions through the Accounting and Reporting at system (ARC).
- Organize meetings, events and conferences in the department.
- Provide support to practice administration, including developing and maintaining practice forms, and policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in training, education, and /or experience plus at least two years related experience.
Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite) required;
Ability to undertake multiple tasks, set priorities, work independently and meet deadlines.
Must be highly organized and motivated.
Requires solid organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
The ideal candidate will be able to maintain positive relations with faculty and other staff members.
Prior experience with working in an academic medical center or healthcare facility.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.