Job ID: BH407902
Category: Financial Analyst
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Works with multiple sources of funding which may include donor or research restricted funds. Performs or coordinates several areas of financial accounting, recordkeeping, processing or administration. May conduct one or more of the following duties. Prepare budget for department, unit or school working with core or sponsored research funds usually utilizing information and assumptions provided by others. Review or reconcile accounts, transactions, or balances. Provide research and basic data analysis for use in financial planning and decision making. Prepare complex financial reports that may require selection, preparation, and interpretation of data using a complex data query tool and spreadsheet application. Generate entries to accounting and record keeping systems, and establish procedures for tracking and reporting. Process or assist with payments of vendor invoices, and individual reimbursements. Research accounting discrepancies. Associates degree in accounting or 3 to 5 years of experience required. Good written and oral communication skills. Intermediate to advanced proficiency with spreadsheet software required.
• . The position is the primary source for procurement processes and accounting transactions for the IT department. The incumbent will work with IT staff to execute procurement orders and process journal entries for charges to HMS departments
Prepares purchase requests, ensuring request includes required billing, vendor and asset information along with detailed business justification.
• Submits accounts payable entries in Oracle, ensuring appropriate back-up documentation are on file for each request.
• Prepares credit vouchers for any checks sent to department for IT services.
• Reviews payment status reports, following up with IT requestors and vendors to resolve outstanding payment issues; updates IT Financial Analyst with any impacts to fiscal forecasting.
• Prepares monthly and quarterly journal entries for shared services with HMS departments, collecting and maintaining correct billing codes and communicating with departments on changes in allocation methods
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.