Job ID: BH407001
Category: Executive Assistant
Contract to Hire/Direct Hire
Job Location: Fully remote until the New Year. Looking to go back in the office 2 days a week after that if possible.
Company Information, Industry, Size: Non Profit
Interview Process: Virtual
- Calendar management
- Experience supporting C-Leve employees
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Strategy and Impact, the Executive Support Specialist will be responsible for several administrative, operational, and programmatic functions as well as serving as the primary contact for the SVP, responding to high-level inquiries and leading problem-solving and synthesizing proposed solutions. The functions of this role range from administrative matters related to program or project development and maintenance to individual executive support to ensure the department is operating as effectively as possible on long- and short-term activities.
The Executive Support Specialist serves as the primarily contact for the SVP, including scheduling and staffing meetings, including highly confidential donor meetings, departmental meetings, and meetings around organizational initiatives. The Executive Support Specialist will work closely with Executive Assistants and others across the organization to ensure alignment, responsiveness, and focused execution of work and tasks.
The Executive Support Specialist will liaise with nearly all staff members of the organization. At times, s/he will lead projects driven by the SVP. S/he must be capable of managing multiple projects under tight deadlines all while maintaining an unflappable demeanor. The Executive Support Specialist exercises independent thinking and discretion.
- Operationalizes the SVP’s plans/goals through meeting preparation and follow-up, including working with SVP and/or others to curate the notes into a form that is most helpful and actionable.
- Manages the SVP’s work flow; tracks deliverable and ensures coordination of priorities and deadlines (including meeting preparation and materials review).
- Provides email support to the SVP, including screening and responding as appropriate, increasing SVP responsiveness to colleagues and community members.
- Provides support as needed to other members of the Strategy and Impact leadership team, regularly checking in on items that fall outside the scope of the roles of their EAs or other staff members.
- Works collaboratively with the SVP and her EA to help prioritize, delegate/distribute as needed, track accountability, and execute on work matters.
- Provides project management support on various projects that fall outside the scope of EA work for the SVP and other leadership team members, as needed.
- As needed, partners with EAs, Executive Leadership, department heads, and others to ensure that the is effectively partnering with volunteers and Board members.
- Regularly checks in with Strategy and Impact team members on needs and opportunities for support.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent business experience
- 7+ years of professional administrative support with a minimum of 3 years supporting C-level executives
- 3+ years of project management support experience
- Experience in an institution with significant philanthropy is highly desirable
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, project management, time management skills and attention to detail with the flexibility to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities in a fast-paced working environment and with short turnaround time
- Excellent computer skills and advanced Microsoft Office Suite experience – specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional interpersonal and communication (written, listening and oral) skills, and demeanor
- Ability to demonstrate discretion in handling confidential data and dealing with high level executives
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to influence others without direct authority
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, customer-focused, entrepreneurial environment
- Outstanding customer care and relationship management skills
- Ability to author and accurately proofread documents and correspondence
- Ability to work on independent projects, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and respond resourcefully under varying conditions
- Aptitude for detail and commitment to accuracy and follow through
- Proactive and creative problem-solving approach
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
- Strong understanding of internal organization or experience working inside a complex, matrixed organization
- Familiarity with leadership organization, Governance and Bylaws or related experience in another non-profit organization
- Occasional availability to work early morning or evening meetings
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.