Job ID: BH406959
Category: Training/Development Manager, Training Coordinator, Talent Manager, Talent Acquisition Manager, HR Representative, HR Manager, HR Generalist, Executive Assistant, Human Resources, Administrative Assistant
6 months (will likely extend/convert)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education/experience
- 3 years of experience with academic appointments
- Strong background in administration and familiarity with working in academic health centers
Promotions Specialist position is open and we are looking to find a temp who can help us continue the work on supporting the tenure process until we are able to find a permanent replacement. Ideally this would be a person who is highly organized and detail-oriented and would have an interest in faculty affairs/HR/ university policies.
Reporting to the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs and SVP for Faculty Affairs and Career Development, as well as the Assistant Vice President of Faculty Professional Development, Diversity & Inclusion, the Promotions Specialist will provide administrative support for tenure dossiers and professorships, for faculty at the University's College of Physicians and Surgeons. The Promotions Specialist also provides logistical support on faculty meetings and special events held on behalf of the Dean's Office and as assigned by the Vice Dean and AVP.
- Provide administrative support on the tenure dossier process for VP&S faculty. Works with departments and the Dean's Office to solicits referee letters, manage reminders, and solicit data from departments and candidates.
- Provide support on the coordination of Faculty Council meetings held on behalf of the Dean of the medical school.
- Work alongside the Office of Development and the Dean's Office to support the professorship process for faculty.
- Provide support for faculty meetings and special projects as assigned by the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs and AVP for Faculty Professional Development, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.