Patient Services Coordinator
Job ID: BH406793
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Patient Services Coordinator
- HS Diploma
- Min. 3 years Administrative Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Healthcare Experience
The Patient Services Coordinator will provide administrative and customer support to the hospital through the responsibilities outlined below.
Essential Job Duties:
- Schedule specialist appointments and assist patients with insurance issues as needed.
- Communicate, both verbally and in written form, to all patients regarding specialist appointments, in a manner that both instructs patients and alleviates their concerns.
- Manage intensive referrals and ancillary appointments.
- Direct all medically related questions to the appropriate medical staff.
- Complete HMO specialist referral forms and forward to appropriate parties.
- Serve as liaison between specialist offices and the practice.
- Obtain prior authorizations/pre-certifications for tests and medications.
- Assist other staff (clinical and non-clinical) with administrative tasks when necessary. Greet patients and visitors to the office in a friendly, helpful, and respectful manner. Answer the telephone and refer calls to the appropriate staff.
- Open and close the office as needed.
- Maintain established hospital, human resources, and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, confidentiality, quality improvement program, compliance, safety, infection control, and environmental standards.
- Maintain professional growth and development through attendance at seminars, workshops, conferences or in-services, professional affiliations, or journals to stay abreast of current trends in field of expertise.
- Meet annual competency requirements. Attend meetings as required.
- Perform other functions/duties as requested.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.